Top medical assistant schools in Atlanta contributes to about 10,820 medical aide working in the metropolitan area, the city boasts the nation’s fifth highest concentration of employed medical helpers. Employment in the field is expected to continue to boom across the country, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting that the field will grow by 29 percent over the next few years. That 29 percent growth is a far faster pace than most other occupations. Given Atlanta’s renowned medical centers, health institutes and plentiful medical assistant training programs, local medical assistants have plentiful and expanding opportunities.
Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Atlanta
Although Georgia does not require its medical assistants to be certified or registered, official designations can significantly help job applicants find employment. The first step to becoming a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) is to find a school accredited by one of several organizations. Students interested in the CMA designation should look for schools accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, the American Association of Medical Assistants or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Eligibility for an RMA designation can be obtained at schools recognized by the American Registry of Medical Assistants.
Medical Assistant Schools in Atlanta
Curriculum, requirements and costs of medical assisting schools vary widely. Many prepare students for entry-level medical assistant positions in one year or less, providing classes in anatomy, medical terminology, insurance processing, laboratory practices and clinical procedures. Most Atlanta schools offer diplomas or certificates of completion or associate degrees, and some programs require students to complete externships for hands-on experience.
List of Medical Attendant School near Atlanta
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Atlanta
Medical assistants are an integral part of many health care teams, from physician offices to laboratories and hospitals. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the May 2013 mean hourly wage of a medical assistant in Atlanta was $14.40, and the mean annual salary was $29,960. The national median salary is slightly lower at $14.12 and hour and $29.370 annually.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Atlanta
Prospective medical assistants enjoy access to more than two dozen schools within an hour’s drive of downtown Atlanta. Local accredited public schools include the well-regarded Atlanta Technical College, Marietta’s Chattahoochee Technical College, Oakwood’s Lanier Technical College and Griffin’s Southern Crescent Technical College. Local private schools offering medical assistant programs include Bauder College, Sanford-Brown College, Kaplan University and Brandman University.