People interested in ultrasound programs may benefit from reviewing the different medical assisting programs available in the state of Maryland. Some of the ultrasound related careers available in the state include diagnostic medical sonographer, ultrasound technician, radiographer and medical laboratory technician. There are one-year certification courses, two year associate degrees and undergraduate bachelor’s degrees available for people who want to learn ultrasonography in Maryland.
There are more than 20 accredited medical schools in the state of Maryland. On average, students can expect to pay at least $6,000 or more per year to earn a medical assisting certification in this state. One of the most reliable ways to identify qualified ultrasound programs is to limit the search to only those accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The majority of the healthcare programs in the state offer several of the core-prerequisites required for beginning a career as a certified professional who works with ultrasounds.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Baltimore
The largest medical attending training program in the state is Everest Institute-Silver Spring. Approximately 27 percent of the entire 2009 class was accredited from their program. Everest graduated 607 students during that year. More than 2,200 people typically graduate from medical assisting classes in Maryland every year. Some of the skills and training that are typically taught at the associate level include phlebotomy, electronic medical records and editing techniques when processing information. Many people who have achieved success in ultrasound schools started off with earning accreditation in diagnostic medical imaging.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Baltimore
Experts estimate that there will be more than 12,200 medical aides employed in the state of Maryland by 2018. There are approximately 10,200 currently employed in the state. The salary for this position typically ranges from around $22,300 to $42,000 per year. On average, people with medical assisting degrees earn approximately $30,000 per year in the state of Maryland. However, diagnostic medical sonographers typically earn more than $72,000 per year. Most of the ultrasound technicians in the state are employed by hospitals in the area.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Montgomery County Community College
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Community College of Baltimore County
Anne Arundel Community College
Harford Community College
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Allegany College of Maryland
TESST College of Technology
Everest Institute- Silver Spring
Hagerstown Community College
List of Medical Attendant School near Baltimore
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Tech Programs
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?