If working in the medical field interests you and you’re interested in both clinical and medical office work, a career as a medical aide may be a good fit for you. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical helpamtes can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. Continue reading to learn about medical assisting schools in Connecticut.
It’s important for aspiring medical representatives to complete their training at an accredited medical attnding school because this is usually a requirement for certification. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), one of the major accrediting agencies, reports that there are 10 accredited medical attending schools in Connecticut. Students in a medical attending program complete medical classes and practical experiences in hospitals or clinics.
The practical training is generally a supervised internship learning both the clinical and administrative side of being a medical helper. Medical deputy programs take anywhere from one to two years to complete; certificate and diploma programs are usually 1-year programs and associate degrees take two years to complete.
How to Get Certified in Connecticut
Although it’s not a legal requirement, certification is a good idea because it demonstrates knowledge of this field, and most employers require that their medical deputies be certified. Certification can be obtained by passing an examination administered through an organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists, the National Healthcareer Association or the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Connecticut
Medical helpers working in Connecticut earn wages higher than the national average, which was $29,370 as of May 2012, according to the BLS. During that time, Danbury, CT ranked as the 5th top paying metropolitan area in the nation for medical helpers; these professionals earned $34,100. According to a March 2014 Indeed.com report, medical helpmates working in Connecticut earn an average wage of $46,000.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing (Practical)
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Dental Assistant - Day
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Connecticut
|Capital Community College||950 Main Street, |
Hartford CT 06103
|Fox Institute of Business||99 South St, |
West Hartford, CT 06110
|Goodwin College||1 Riverside Dr, East |
Hartford, CT 06118
|Lincoln College of New England||2279 Mount Vernon Road|
Southington, Connecticut 06489
|Northwestern Connecticut Community College||2 Park Pl, Winchester, CT 06098||http://www.nwcc.commnet.edu/|
|Norwalk Community College||188 Richards Ave, |
Norwalk, CT 06854
|Porter and Chester Institute||221 West Main Street, |
Branford, CT 06405
|Quinebaug Valley Community College||742 Upper Maple Street|
Danielson, CT 06239
|Sanford-Brown College||270 Farmington Ave, |
Farmington, CT 06032
|St. Vincent's College||2800 Main Street |
Bridgeport, CT 06606
|Stone Academy||1315 Dixwell Ave, |
Hamden, CT 06514
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Branford, CT||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|