Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Dallas
There are many institutions offering programs for medical assistants in the Dallas area that are accredited either through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of health Education Schools (ABHEP). Lists of the accredited programs can be found on the websites for CAAHEP and ABHEP.
Individuals entering the field will be required to perform administrative duties, as well as clinical duties. The administrative duties consist of scheduling and receiving patients, preparing and maintaining medical records, and acting as a liaison between the physician and other individuals via telephone or written correspondence. Clinical duties include asepsis and infection control, performing first aid and CPR, taking patient vital signs and histories, collecting and processing specimens, preparing patients for procedures, performing selected diagnostic tests, as well as assisting the physician with examinations and procedures. An education as a medical assistant will prepare the student to perform the administrative duties and clinical duties required to aid the physicians.
An accredited program will offer an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma and will include classes in areas of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, psychology, oral and written communications, and administrative and clinical procedures. The student will also be required to participate in an externship in a physician’s office, hospital or medical clinic to gain practical clinical experience.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Dallas
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Certified Medical Assistant in Dallas and the average national salary in 2014 is $30,000 per year.
List of Medical Assiting School near Dallas
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers health care degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- MSN - Informatics (Online)
- RN to MSN - Advanced Generalist (Online)
- And more...
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Dallas
The following institutions certified by CAAHEP offer Medical Assistant Programs.
El Centro College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
Richland College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The following institutions offering Medical Assistant Programs certified by ABHES.
Everest College- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Fort Worth South, Fort Worth, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Mid-Cities, Arlington, Texas (Diploma)
School for Allied Health Professionals, Arlington, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas (Certificate)