Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Dallas
There are many institutions offering programs for medical assistants in the Dallas area that are accredited either through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of health Education Schools (ABHEP). Lists of the accredited programs can be found on the websites for CAAHEP and ABHEP.
Individuals entering the field will be required to perform administrative duties, as well as clinical duties. The administrative duties consist of scheduling and receiving patients, preparing and maintaining medical records, and acting as a liaison between the physician and other individuals via telephone or written correspondence. Clinical duties include asepsis and infection control, performing first aid and CPR, taking patient vital signs and histories, collecting and processing specimens, preparing patients for procedures, performing selected diagnostic tests, as well as assisting the physician with examinations and procedures. An education as a medical assistant will prepare the student to perform the administrative duties and clinical duties required to aid the physicians.
An accredited program will offer an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma and will include classes in areas of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, psychology, oral and written communications, and administrative and clinical procedures. The student will also be required to participate in an externship in a physician’s office, hospital or medical clinic to gain practical clinical experience.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Dallas
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Certified Medical Assistant in Dallas and the average national salary in 2014 is $30,000 per year.
List of Medical Assiting School near Dallas
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Dallas
The following institutions certified by CAAHEP offer Medical Assistant Programs.
El Centro College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
Richland College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The following institutions offering Medical Assistant Programs certified by ABHES.
Everest College- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Fort Worth South, Fort Worth, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Mid-Cities, Arlington, Texas (Diploma)
School for Allied Health Professionals, Arlington, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas (Certificate)