Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, Florida
There are three schools in Jacksonville that provide degree programs for medical assisting. In 2010, 938 students graduated from Jacksonville medical assistant programs. Students from medical assistant schools in Jacksonville pay an average of $10,647 each year for tuition and 1,150 for books and supplies. Jones College offers a two year medical assistant course leading to an Associate’s Degree. Virginia College-Jacksonville offers an Associate’s Degree program and two diploma programs. Students can earn a 48 credit hour diploma in 44 weeks or a 60 credit hour diploma in 55 weeks. The Associate’s Degree program is designed to be completed in 88 weeks. Both a certificate and Associate’s Degree program are available at Southern Career College as well.
Nine medical assistant training programs are available in Jacksonville including those offered in schools with degree programs. United Education Institute has the largest medical assistant training program in Jacksonville. In 2010 there were 317 graduates from UEI. They offer an 8 month training program, and graduates are awarded a diploma upon completion. Florida State College at Jacksonville offers a program leading to a Medical Coder/Biller Applied Technology Diploma. Students must complete 26 credit hours to complete the course. Everest University offers a medical assistant program leading to a diploma. The program includes classroom instruction flowed by an externship. Sanford-Brown University’s medical assistant program is designed to be completed in approximately 14 weeks. Graduates receive a diploma. The 30 week training program at Concord Career Institute leads to a certificate. The medical assistant training programs at FastTrain and Kaplan College prepare students for national licensure or certification programs and lead to a certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Jacksonville, Florida
Employment prospects for medical assistants in Jacksonville are good. The number of positions available is expected to increase by 30 percent by 2018. This is higher than the national average. Medical assistant salaries are lower in the area than the average for the state of Florida. Average salaries for medical assistants in Jacksonville are around $27,560 per year.
List of Medical Assistant Schools near Jacksonville, Florida
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Jacksonville, Florida
Florida State College at Jacksonville
United Education Institute
Concord Career Institute
Southern Career College