If you live in Las Vegas and are thinking about becoming a medical assistant, you should know that this vocational decision can bring you a wide variety of wonderful professional advantages as well as personal fulfillment. In order to ensure that you pursue your dream effectively, it is important that you gain a basic understanding of the training and/or certification programs you’ll need to complete in order to make yourself a marketable job candidate. By learning more about medical assistant schools in Las Vegas and the classes you need to take to earn degrees or certification, you’ll be ready to pursue your vocational goal with confidence.
The first thing you need to do once you realize that you want to become a medical assistant is find a school that is accredited. This step is immensely important because many employers will not hire job candidates who have attained educational training from an institution that is not accredited. There are several ways that you can determine if a school is accredited, and one of them includes doing an internet search to find out. To make this process simple, you can use the accreditation verification services found at the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Las Vegas, Nevada
Once you’ve found an accredited medical assistant school, it’s important that you learn as much about the program as possible. In general, you’ll be required to take several basic courses covering subjects such as patient care, patient communication, medical insurance, cardiopulmonary procedures, clinical pharmacology, endocrinology and reproduction, and therapeutic care.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Las Vegas, Nevada
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical assistant in Las Vegas is $31,000. This salary is subject to change based on various factors including but not limited to experience, expertise, and education level.
List of Medical Attendant Program near Las Vegas, Nevada
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Las Vegas, Nevada
There are a plethora of great medical assistant programs that you can access from or within Las Vegas. Some of them include:
1. Anthem Institute
2. Kaplan College
3. Academy of Healing Arts
4. College of Southern Nevada
5. Northwest Health Centers
6. Pima Medical Institute
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical assistant, attaining the right type of certification or degree can help you get your career off to an excellent start. By reading the information listed above, you can attain the basic information necessary to make an informed decision regarding which school to attend. Good luck!