If you live in Las Vegas and are thinking about becoming a medical assistant, you should know that this vocational decision can bring you a wide variety of wonderful professional advantages as well as personal fulfillment. In order to ensure that you pursue your dream effectively, it is important that you gain a basic understanding of the training and/or certification programs you’ll need to complete in order to make yourself a marketable job candidate. By learning more about medical assistant schools in Las Vegas and the classes you need to take to earn degrees or certification, you’ll be ready to pursue your vocational goal with confidence.
The first thing you need to do once you realize that you want to become a medical assistant is find a school that is accredited. This step is immensely important because many employers will not hire job candidates who have attained educational training from an institution that is not accredited. There are several ways that you can determine if a school is accredited, and one of them includes doing an internet search to find out. To make this process simple, you can use the accreditation verification services found at the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Las Vegas, Nevada
Once you’ve found an accredited medical assistant school, it’s important that you learn as much about the program as possible. In general, you’ll be required to take several basic courses covering subjects such as patient care, patient communication, medical insurance, cardiopulmonary procedures, clinical pharmacology, endocrinology and reproduction, and therapeutic care.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Las Vegas, Nevada
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical assistant in Las Vegas is $31,000. This salary is subject to change based on various factors including but not limited to experience, expertise, and education level.
List of Medical Attendant Program near Las Vegas, Nevada
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Las Vegas, Nevada
There are a plethora of great medical assistant programs that you can access from or within Las Vegas. Some of them include:
1. Anthem Institute
2. Kaplan College
3. Academy of Healing Arts
4. College of Southern Nevada
5. Northwest Health Centers
6. Pima Medical Institute
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical assistant, attaining the right type of certification or degree can help you get your career off to an excellent start. By reading the information listed above, you can attain the basic information necessary to make an informed decision regarding which school to attend. Good luck!