If you live in the Los Angeles area and have been thinking about becoming a medical aide, you should know that doing so is possible. In order to make your dream a reality, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible regarding the types of degrees or certification you will need to have to work in your chosen field. By reviewing the information regarding medical aide schools and programs listed below, you will be able to move forward with your plan to begin a career as a medical helper.
The first thing you need to do once you decide that you want to pursue a career as a medical helpmate is find an educational institution that offers an accredited program. There are several ways you can do this, including by conducting an internet search for basic information regarding the schools you are interested in attending. Additionally, you can visit the Accrediting Bureau of Health Information Schools.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Los Angeles, California
In addition to determining whether the medical aide school you wish to attend is accredited, it will be important for you to learn about the types of classes you’ll be taking. Although coursework will vary based on the institution you attend, some of the subjects you should expect to cover will likely include:
•Clinical pharmacology and assisting
•Patient communication and care
•Cardiopulmonary and laboratory procedures
•Medical insurance, health sciences and bookkeeping
•Endocrinology and reproduction
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Los Angeles, California
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical helpmate in Los Angeles is $42,000 annually. This salary is subject to rise or fall based on factors such as education, experience, and expertise.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Los Angeles, California
There are a variety of medical attending programs you could attend from or within the Los Angeles area. Some of them include:
1. American Career College
2. Angeles College
3. Los Angeles ORT College
4. Everest College
5. Medical Career Institute
List of Medical Assisting School near Los Angeles, California
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- Respiratory Therapy
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally rewarding. By reviewing the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which school to attend in order to pursue your vocational dream. Good luck!