If you live in the Los Angeles area and have been thinking about becoming a medical aide, you should know that doing so is possible. In order to make your dream a reality, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible regarding the types of degrees or certification you will need to have to work in your chosen field. By reviewing the information regarding medical aide schools and programs listed below, you will be able to move forward with your plan to begin a career as a medical helper.
The first thing you need to do once you decide that you want to pursue a career as a medical helpmate is find an educational institution that offers an accredited program. There are several ways you can do this, including by conducting an internet search for basic information regarding the schools you are interested in attending. Additionally, you can visit the Accrediting Bureau of Health Information Schools.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Los Angeles, California
In addition to determining whether the medical aide school you wish to attend is accredited, it will be important for you to learn about the types of classes you’ll be taking. Although coursework will vary based on the institution you attend, some of the subjects you should expect to cover will likely include:
•Clinical pharmacology and assisting
•Patient communication and care
•Cardiopulmonary and laboratory procedures
•Medical insurance, health sciences and bookkeeping
•Endocrinology and reproduction
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Los Angeles, California
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical helpmate in Los Angeles is $42,000 annually. This salary is subject to rise or fall based on factors such as education, experience, and expertise.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Los Angeles, California
There are a variety of medical attending programs you could attend from or within the Los Angeles area. Some of them include:
1. American Career College
2. Angeles College
3. Los Angeles ORT College
4. Everest College
5. Medical Career Institute
List of Medical Assisting School near Los Angeles, California
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Respiratory Therapy
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally rewarding. By reviewing the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which school to attend in order to pursue your vocational dream. Good luck!