If you’re interested in an exciting profession where opportunities are expected to grow over the next ten years, medical assisting could be a great choice for you. These professionals work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics to perform duties like taking vital signs, maintaining records, and helping patients. Read on to learn more about medical assisting schools in Philadelphia, PA.
While it is possible to get a job as a medical aide without certification, becoming certified will make you more attracting to prospective employers. And in order to take the Certified Medical Attendant exam in Pennsylvania, you must attend a program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). To find a list of accredited schools in and around Philadelphia, visit the American Association of Medical Assistants online at http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.Uzbb6PldUkM.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Philadelphia, PA
Certified medical attending training programs include courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and record keeping, insurance processes, clinical techniques, patient relations, medical ethics, and other important topics. Accredited training programs also require a practicum, which means you’ll spend time on the job as a medical helper as part of your training. Upon graduation from a certified medical aide program, you’ll be eligible to take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Philadelphia, PA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical helpmates across the nation earn an average salary of $29,370 a year or $14.12 per hour. Salaries in Pennsylvania overall are typically in line with this median wage, while pay for medical helpers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is approximately 2 percent higher than the national average. The highest salaries are earned by certified medical helpers working in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, while the lowest salaries are made in the home care industry.
List of Medical Attendant School near Philadelphia, PA
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Philadelphia, PA
Kaplan Institute-Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
Program Director: Ron Katz BS
3010 Market St
Philadelphia , PA – 19104