If you’re interested in an exciting profession where opportunities are expected to grow over the next ten years, medical assisting could be a great choice for you. These professionals work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics to perform duties like taking vital signs, maintaining records, and helping patients. Read on to learn more about medical assisting schools in Philadelphia, PA.
While it is possible to get a job as a medical aide without certification, becoming certified will make you more attracting to prospective employers. And in order to take the Certified Medical Attendant exam in Pennsylvania, you must attend a program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). To find a list of accredited schools in and around Philadelphia, visit the American Association of Medical Assistants online at http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.Uzbb6PldUkM.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Philadelphia, PA
Certified medical attending training programs include courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and record keeping, insurance processes, clinical techniques, patient relations, medical ethics, and other important topics. Accredited training programs also require a practicum, which means you’ll spend time on the job as a medical helper as part of your training. Upon graduation from a certified medical aide program, you’ll be eligible to take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Philadelphia, PA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical helpmates across the nation earn an average salary of $29,370 a year or $14.12 per hour. Salaries in Pennsylvania overall are typically in line with this median wage, while pay for medical helpers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is approximately 2 percent higher than the national average. The highest salaries are earned by certified medical helpers working in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, while the lowest salaries are made in the home care industry.
List of Medical Attendant School near Philadelphia, PA
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Medical Assisting - Administrative, Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
At Brightwood Career Institute, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Philadelphia, PA
Kaplan Institute-Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
Program Director: Ron Katz BS
3010 Market St
Philadelphia , PA – 19104