More than 7,500 medical aide work in the San Diego area, and with several million people newly insured throughout the country, the need for medical aides is rapidly growing. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the profession to expand another 29 percent by 2022, a much faster rate of growth than other occupations. Becoming a medical helper can be a rewarding experience with a little research into credible programs, a basic understanding of the certification process and knowledge of what to expect from the career.
Prospective medical attendant students in San Diego are fortunate to have access to a number of medical attendant programs that are certified by the American Medical Technologists, or AMT, and the California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants, or CCBMA. The local community college’s medical assisting program also benefits from a new Medical Attendant Model Curriculum and recommendations of a Medical Assisting Advisory Committee that is comprised of professionals from private clinic, local health care providers and the San Diego County Medical Society.
Medical Attendant Training Program in San Diego
Most medical aide programs provide entry-level education in one year or less. In selecting a local school, it’s best to look for a program that qualifies graduates to sit for the AMT’s Registered Medical Attendant or the CCBMA’s California Medical Attendant exams.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in San Diego
In addition to the satisfaction of helping physicians and nurses care for patients, medical aides in San Diego enjoy positive monetary rewards, earning higher salaries than in other parts of the state and nation. Local medical helpers can expect to earn about $16.33 and hour, or $33,970 a year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2012 report. That compares favorably to the national median salary of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year and California’s mean salary of $33,750.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in San Diego
Several schools in the area offer certified medical aide programs, from well-respected community colleges to private vocational institutions. The local community college, San Diego Mesa College, offers certificates of achievement in medical attending, associate of science degrees in medical attending and transfer credits to four-year universities. Local private schools with medical attending classes include California College San Diego, Concorde Career College, Kaplan University, Career College of San Diego and CET San Diego.
List of Medical Attendant School near San Diego
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...