More than 7,500 medical aide work in the San Diego area, and with several million people newly insured throughout the country, the need for medical aides is rapidly growing. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the profession to expand another 29 percent by 2022, a much faster rate of growth than other occupations. Becoming a medical helper can be a rewarding experience with a little research into credible programs, a basic understanding of the certification process and knowledge of what to expect from the career.
Prospective medical attendant students in San Diego are fortunate to have access to a number of medical attendant programs that are certified by the American Medical Technologists, or AMT, and the California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants, or CCBMA. The local community college’s medical assisting program also benefits from a new Medical Attendant Model Curriculum and recommendations of a Medical Assisting Advisory Committee that is comprised of professionals from private clinic, local health care providers and the San Diego County Medical Society.
Medical Attendant Training Program in San Diego
Most medical aide programs provide entry-level education in one year or less. In selecting a local school, it’s best to look for a program that qualifies graduates to sit for the AMT’s Registered Medical Attendant or the CCBMA’s California Medical Attendant exams.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in San Diego
In addition to the satisfaction of helping physicians and nurses care for patients, medical aides in San Diego enjoy positive monetary rewards, earning higher salaries than in other parts of the state and nation. Local medical helpers can expect to earn about $16.33 and hour, or $33,970 a year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2012 report. That compares favorably to the national median salary of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year and California’s mean salary of $33,750.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in San Diego
Several schools in the area offer certified medical aide programs, from well-respected community colleges to private vocational institutions. The local community college, San Diego Mesa College, offers certificates of achievement in medical attending, associate of science degrees in medical attending and transfer credits to four-year universities. Local private schools with medical attending classes include California College San Diego, Concorde Career College, Kaplan University, Career College of San Diego and CET San Diego.
List of Medical Attendant School near San Diego
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Respiratory Therapy
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health