If you live in Alaska and are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be a personally and professionally rewarding decision. This is the case for several reasons, including the fact that there are opportunities for promotions, raises, and the ability to contribute to public health. Once you have made the decision to become a medical helper, it is important that you gain information regarding medical assistant training in Alaska so you can make an informed decision regarding which educational institution to attend. Here is some basic information that can help you:
Your first step in locating the right medical attendant school in Alaska is finding one that is accredited. Although broadly defined, the term accreditation basically means that the learning institution has attained all of the certifications and/or official requirements necessary to be considered valid and excellent. In order to determine whether a medical aide school is accredited, you can do an online search and/or visit the Online Medical Assistant Programs website to obtain this information.
How to Get Certified in Alaska
In addition to locating medical attendant training programs and schools that are accredited, it is important that you learn as much about the classes you’ll be taking as well as what (if any) degrees or certification will be offered. Generally, there are specific courses that you’ll take as you complete a medical aide training program in Alaska. Some of them will likely include:
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• Vital Signs
• Hematology & Phlebotomy
• Basic Life Support
• Pharmacology, Microbiology, Minor Surgery
• ECG, Medical/Surgical Asepsis
• CPR, First Aid, Electronic Health Records
• Medical Office Software Applications
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Alaska
The average salary for a medical aide in Alaska is $31,000. This rate is subject to change based on a plethora of factors. Some of them include education, experience, and location. For example, medical helpers who work in Fairbanks, Alaska earn on average $42,520 annually. This is $13,150 more than the average for the profession.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E Tudor Rd, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|Charter College||2221 E Northern Lights Blvd #120, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Fairbanks||505 S Chandlar Dr, |
Fairbanks, AK 99775
If you live in Alaska and are interested in attending medical assistant school, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally beneficial. By reviewing the information above, you can select the medical assistant school that is perfect for you. Good luck!