If you live in Alaska and are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be a personally and professionally rewarding decision. This is the case for several reasons, including the fact that there are opportunities for promotions, raises, and the ability to contribute to public health. Once you have made the decision to become a medical helper, it is important that you gain information regarding medical assistant training in Alaska so you can make an informed decision regarding which educational institution to attend. Here is some basic information that can help you:
Your first step in locating the right medical attendant school in Alaska is finding one that is accredited. Although broadly defined, the term accreditation basically means that the learning institution has attained all of the certifications and/or official requirements necessary to be considered valid and excellent. In order to determine whether a medical aide school is accredited, you can do an online search and/or visit the Online Medical Assistant Programs website to obtain this information.
How to Get Certified in Alaska
In addition to locating medical attendant training programs and schools that are accredited, it is important that you learn as much about the classes you’ll be taking as well as what (if any) degrees or certification will be offered. Generally, there are specific courses that you’ll take as you complete a medical aide training program in Alaska. Some of them will likely include:
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• Vital Signs
• Hematology & Phlebotomy
• Basic Life Support
• Pharmacology, Microbiology, Minor Surgery
• ECG, Medical/Surgical Asepsis
• CPR, First Aid, Electronic Health Records
• Medical Office Software Applications
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Alaska
The average salary for a medical aide in Alaska is $31,000. This rate is subject to change based on a plethora of factors. Some of them include education, experience, and location. For example, medical helpers who work in Fairbanks, Alaska earn on average $42,520 annually. This is $13,150 more than the average for the profession.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E Tudor Rd, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|Charter College||2221 E Northern Lights Blvd #120, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Fairbanks||505 S Chandlar Dr, |
Fairbanks, AK 99775
If you live in Alaska and are interested in attending medical assistant school, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally beneficial. By reviewing the information above, you can select the medical assistant school that is perfect for you. Good luck!