Becoming a medical aide is a great way to get started in the health care field without having to go take four or eight years of classes – all you need is a little bit of training and a can-do attitude. Thankfully, there are many certification programs to pick from in Colorado.
Before you start taking classes, you need to find the right program. To do this, you should keep in mind that the best schools are accredited. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as CAAHEP, is a well-known and trusted accreditation agency, as is the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Remember that whether they offer one-year certificates or four-year degrees, all schools should be accredited.
How to Get Certified in Colorado
Your training program should be able to prepare you for your first job as a medical helper by teaching you about things like office work, interacting with patients, medical terminology and all the daily tasks that you’ll be expected to do once you land your first job. Most programs take about a year to complete – if you enroll in a program at a college, you’ll probably have to take around 30 credit hours to get your certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Colorado
While medical aides in the United States make a median of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, residents of Colorado make an average of $15.76 per hour, or $32,790 per year. The top 10% of medical helpmates in the state make over $40,000 annually.
The demand for medical aides is growing, so you’ll always be able to find work. Whether being a medical attendant is your final career goal or is just the beginning of your medical career, you’ll love the experience.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- And more...
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Colorado
|Anthem College||350 Blackhawk Street|
Aurora, CO 80011
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive, |
Littleton, Colorado 80120-1801
|Community College of Denver||800 Curtis St., |
Denver, CO 80204
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Front Range Community College||3645 W 112th Ave, |
Westminster, CO 80031
|Heritage University||12 Lakeside Ln, |
Denver, CO 80212
|Institute of Business and Medical Careers||3842 S Mason St, Fort |
Collins, CO 80525
|IntelliTec College||772 Horizon Dr, |
Grand Junction, CO 81506
|Kaplan College||500 E 84th Ave Suite W-200|
Denver, CO 80229
|Pima Medical Institute||3770 Citadel Dr N, |
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
|Red Rocks Community College||5420 Miller St, |
Arvada, CO 80002
|Westwood College||7350 North Broadway |
Denver, CO 80221