Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Dallas
There are many institutions offering programs for medical assistants in the Dallas area that are accredited either through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of health Education Schools (ABHEP). Lists of the accredited programs can be found on the websites for CAAHEP and ABHEP.
Individuals entering the field will be required to perform administrative duties, as well as clinical duties. The administrative duties consist of scheduling and receiving patients, preparing and maintaining medical records, and acting as a liaison between the physician and other individuals via telephone or written correspondence. Clinical duties include asepsis and infection control, performing first aid and CPR, taking patient vital signs and histories, collecting and processing specimens, preparing patients for procedures, performing selected diagnostic tests, as well as assisting the physician with examinations and procedures. An education as a medical assistant will prepare the student to perform the administrative duties and clinical duties required to aid the physicians.
An accredited program will offer an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma and will include classes in areas of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, psychology, oral and written communications, and administrative and clinical procedures. The student will also be required to participate in an externship in a physician’s office, hospital or medical clinic to gain practical clinical experience.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Dallas
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Certified Medical Assistant in Dallas and the average national salary in 2014 is $30,000 per year.
List of Medical Assiting School near Dallas
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Dallas
The following institutions certified by CAAHEP offer Medical Assistant Programs.
El Centro College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
Richland College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The following institutions offering Medical Assistant Programs certified by ABHES.
Everest College- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Fort Worth South, Fort Worth, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Mid-Cities, Arlington, Texas (Diploma)
School for Allied Health Professionals, Arlington, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas (Certificate)