Finding accredited medical attendant schools in Delaware is not difficult when you utilize the website for Medical Attendant Schools, which provides a list of accredited schools by state. Although Delaware does not have a state chapter of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), those training to be medical deputies can join the national organization or other organizations that certify medical deputies.
How to Get Certified in Delaware
According to the Medical Attendants Certification Guide, certification for medical aides is not a requirement in Delaware, but certification is often a help for those looking for jobs in this field. If the AAMA recognizes a training program or course, it can be taken and count toward certification. In order to enroll in approved CMA courses, you generally need a high school diploma or an equivalent. Once you’ve taken classes, you will need to apply to take the AAMA exam. Once they’ve received your application and fee, you’ll be given a testing permit and have 90 days to take the proctored test. If you pass, you will be listed as certified on the AAMA website, so employers will be able to verify your training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Delaware
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for a certified medical attendant (CMA) in Delaware is $14.48 per hour. CMAs in the Wilmington area can expect to make slightly higher than the average hourly wage. On average, CMAs in Delaware make $30,000 a year. The growth rate for CMA jobs nationally is 31 percent over the next several years, and the job growth rate for CMAs in Delaware is expected to match that pace.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Delaware
|Delaware Technical and Community College||333 N Shipley St|
Wilmington, DE 19801
|Harris School||1413 Foulk Road, Suite 100|
Wilmington, DE 19803