If you live in Hawaii and have decided to pursue a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can bring you many personal and professional rewards. In order to ensure that you succeed in your chosen career field, it is important that you have as much information as you can regarding the types of certification and/or degrees you’ll need to obtain from medical attendant schools and programs in your area. By reading the information below regarding medical assisting classes, you’ll be ready to pursue your vocational dreams with confidence.
The first thing you need to do once you decide to pursue a career as a medical helper is to find a school that is accredited. There are a variety of ways you can obtain this information, including by conducting an internet search about several prospective schools. Additionally, you can visit Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools to determine whether the school of your choice is accredited.
How to Get Certified in Hawaii
Once you locate a medical assisting program that is accredited, it will be important for you to obtain as much information about it as possible. In general, there will be several basic classes that you’ll take. Some of them include subject areas such as clinical assisting and pharmacology, patient care and communication, therapeutic care, bookkeeping, laboratory procedures, health sciences, medical insurance, reproduction, and endocrinology.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Hawaii
Indeed.com reports that the average salary for a medical helper in Hawaii is $25,000. This annual salary is subject to change based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to education, experience, and expertise.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Hawaii
|Kapiolani Community College||Honolulu, Hawaii||https://www.kapiolani.hawaii.edu/|
|Med-Assist School of Hawaii||Honolulu, Hawaii||https://www.mash.edu/|
|Remington College||1111 Bishop St #400, |
Honolulu, HI 96813
|University of Hawaii-Kapiolani Community College||4303 Diamond Head Road Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96816.||http://www.kcc.hawaii.edu/|
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can bring you personal fulfillment and opportunities for professional advancement. By considering the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which educational institution to attend in order to obtain the knowledge and experience you’ll need to excel within your chosen field. Good luck!