Illinois, with a population of 12.8 million people, boasts the country’s third biggest city, Chicago. But not all the state’s medical aide jobs are centered in the Windy City. You can join the more than 1,500 medical helpmates who currently work in this state, where jobs in this field are available and ready to be filled.
Once you’ve narrowed down your school choice to about three to five schools, it’s time to start asking the tough questions. Go on tours of your chosen facilities or inquire about important elements over the phone. Ask about tuition rates, night or online class availability, training opportunities, certification, campus features, and admission requirements.
How to Get Certified in Illinois
Most of these schools do offer some kind of financial aid to assist students who are having difficulty paying the tuition. With more than 20 schools in Illinois offering programs for medical aides, you are sure to find the right programs offering the degrees you need. Not all are accredited, so this should be one of your crucial questions when scoping out colleges. Scholarships are available through the Illinois Society of Medial Assistants. Seek out additional help through the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants for job mentoring and job hunting assistance.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Illinois
Illinois medical helpers earn a staggering $17 per hour on average, which is more than the average of surrounding states and the nation as a whole. The national median hourly wage is about $14, or $29,300 a year throughout the country, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This represents a rare opportunity to make better than average money as a medical helpers in Illinois.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Illinois
|Brown Mackie College||2119 Kimberly Rd, |
Bettendorf, IA 52722
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd., |
Glen Ellyn IL60137
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, |
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
|First Institute||Crystal Lake, Illinoise||http://www.firstinstitute.edu/|
|Fox College||18020 Oak Park Ave, |
Tinley Park, IL 60477
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Kaplan University||550 W Van Buren St, |
Chicago, IL 60607
|Midstate College||411 W Northmoor Rd, |
Peoria, IL 61614
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Road|
Springfield, IL 62707
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. |
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
|National Latino Education Institute||2011 West Pershing Road |
Chicago, IL 60609
|Northwestern College||7725 S. Harlem Ave. |
Bridgeview, IL 60455
|Rasmussen College||2363 Sequoia Dr.|
Aurora, IL 60506
|Robert Morris University||401 S. State Street, |
Chicago, IL 60605
|Rockford Career College||1130 S Alpine Rd, |
Rockford, IL 61108
|Sanford-Brown College||1101 Eastport Plaza |
Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, |
South Holland, IL 60473
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Ave. | |
Belleville, IL 62221
|Waubonsee Community College||18 S. River St.|
Aurora, IL 60506-4134
|Westwood College||1 North State Street, Suite 1000 |
Chicago, IL 60602