To become a certified medical attendant, it is important that your school has been accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Some schools also offer a core curriculum for those interested in earning a degree as well as fulfilling certification requirements. An accredited school will also have more financial aid options and, in the event of a school change, will have credits that will be easier to transfer.
How to Get Certified in Iowa
Programs that are accepted by CAAHEP or ABHES will consist of academic and clinical training including but not limited to: basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pathology and disease, pharmacology, nutrition, psychology, CPR/first aid, insurance coding, client communication, proper record keeping and diagnostic and treatment procedures. You will also learn the medical laws and ethics that are specific to Des Moines. Students will then complete a practicum, which is unpaid, hands-on and in a medical setting. Upon completion of training, students will be eligible to complete the certification exam.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Iowa
The salary for a CMA can range from 25,000 to 35,000. The variation has to do with factors like experience, benefits packages and bonuses. Most CMAs make about 30,000 a year. Once you have been a CMA for at least five years, you are eligible to become an RMA. This additional certification normally yields an income increase.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College||1100 7th St, Des Moines, IA 50314||http://www.dmacc.edu/|
|Ellsworth Community College||1100 College Avenue, |
Iowa Falls, Iowa 50126
|Iowa Central Community College||One Triton Circle|
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
|Iowa Lakes Community College||300 S 18th St, |
Estherville, IA 51334
|Iowa Western Community College||2700 College Rd.|
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
|Kirkwood Community College||6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
|Mercy College of Health Sciences||928 6th Avenue, |
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239
|North Iowa Area Community College||500 College Drive, |
Mason City, IA 50401
|Southeastern Community College||1500 West Agency Rd|
West Burlington, Iowa 52655
|Vatterott College||Des Moines, Iowa||http://www.vatterott.edu/des_moines.asp|