To become a certified medical attendant, it is important that your school has been accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Some schools also offer a core curriculum for those interested in earning a degree as well as fulfilling certification requirements. An accredited school will also have more financial aid options and, in the event of a school change, will have credits that will be easier to transfer.
How to Get Certified in Iowa
Programs that are accepted by CAAHEP or ABHES will consist of academic and clinical training including but not limited to: basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pathology and disease, pharmacology, nutrition, psychology, CPR/first aid, insurance coding, client communication, proper record keeping and diagnostic and treatment procedures. You will also learn the medical laws and ethics that are specific to Des Moines. Students will then complete a practicum, which is unpaid, hands-on and in a medical setting. Upon completion of training, students will be eligible to complete the certification exam.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Iowa
The salary for a CMA can range from 25,000 to 35,000. The variation has to do with factors like experience, benefits packages and bonuses. Most CMAs make about 30,000 a year. Once you have been a CMA for at least five years, you are eligible to become an RMA. This additional certification normally yields an income increase.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College||1100 7th St, Des Moines, IA 50314||http://www.dmacc.edu/|
|Ellsworth Community College||1100 College Avenue, |
Iowa Falls, Iowa 50126
|Iowa Central Community College||One Triton Circle|
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
|Iowa Lakes Community College||300 S 18th St, |
Estherville, IA 51334
|Iowa Western Community College||2700 College Rd.|
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
|Kirkwood Community College||6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
|Mercy College of Health Sciences||928 6th Avenue, |
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239
|North Iowa Area Community College||500 College Drive, |
Mason City, IA 50401
|Southeastern Community College||1500 West Agency Rd|
West Burlington, Iowa 52655
|Vatterott College||Des Moines, Iowa||http://www.vatterott.edu/des_moines.asp|