Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, Florida
There are three schools in Jacksonville that provide degree programs for medical assisting. In 2010, 938 students graduated from Jacksonville medical assistant programs. Students from medical assistant schools in Jacksonville pay an average of $10,647 each year for tuition and 1,150 for books and supplies. Jones College offers a two year medical assistant course leading to an Associate’s Degree. Virginia College-Jacksonville offers an Associate’s Degree program and two diploma programs. Students can earn a 48 credit hour diploma in 44 weeks or a 60 credit hour diploma in 55 weeks. The Associate’s Degree program is designed to be completed in 88 weeks. Both a certificate and Associate’s Degree program are available at Southern Career College as well.
Nine medical assistant training programs are available in Jacksonville including those offered in schools with degree programs. United Education Institute has the largest medical assistant training program in Jacksonville. In 2010 there were 317 graduates from UEI. They offer an 8 month training program, and graduates are awarded a diploma upon completion. Florida State College at Jacksonville offers a program leading to a Medical Coder/Biller Applied Technology Diploma. Students must complete 26 credit hours to complete the course. Everest University offers a medical assistant program leading to a diploma. The program includes classroom instruction flowed by an externship. Sanford-Brown University’s medical assistant program is designed to be completed in approximately 14 weeks. Graduates receive a diploma. The 30 week training program at Concord Career Institute leads to a certificate. The medical assistant training programs at FastTrain and Kaplan College prepare students for national licensure or certification programs and lead to a certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Jacksonville, Florida
Employment prospects for medical assistants in Jacksonville are good. The number of positions available is expected to increase by 30 percent by 2018. This is higher than the national average. Medical assistant salaries are lower in the area than the average for the state of Florida. Average salaries for medical assistants in Jacksonville are around $27,560 per year.
List of Medical Assistant Schools near Jacksonville, Florida
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Jacksonville, Florida
Florida State College at Jacksonville
United Education Institute
Concord Career Institute
Southern Career College