The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical aide can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. If you’d like to become part of this industry, learn what it takes to become a physician medical assistant in Kentucky.
Students choosing a medical profession career such as medical assisting don’t always understand the importance of choosing a school that’s accredited. Accredited schools tend to provide the student with the training most needed to enter the job market. Additionally, they also prepare students to take the certification exam. Some certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited program before they can be eligible to take the certification exam. Look for schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-certified. The CAAHEP indicates that the Kentucky has about 14 accredited medical attendant schools.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
Medical assisting training programs in Kentucky are offered as certificates, diplomas or degrees. The curriculum for this training includes medical and administrative courses such as medical terminology, first aid and emergency care, human anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and medical office procedures. The student also is required to complete a clinical practicum to obtain hands-on training working in a medical office or clinic. Medical helpmates are not required to be licensed, but many choose to obtain certification by passing a test through the American Medical Technologists or the American Associate of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Kentucky
According to the BLS, salaries for medical helpers in Kentucky tend to be below the national average of $30,550. The mean annual wage for medical aides working in Kentucky was $27,040 as of May 2012. However wages fluctuated throughout the state; medical helpmates in Middletown earned about $29,650 in 2012, while those in Elizabethtown earned about $23,800.
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Kentucky
|ATA Career Education||10180 Linn Station Road, Suite a-200, |
Louisville, KY 40223
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||470 Cooper Drive|
Lexington KY 40506-0235
|Eastern Kentucky University||521 Lancaster Ave, |
Richmond, KY 40475
|Henderson Community College||2660 S Green Street, |
Henderson, KY 42420
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 East Broadway, |
Louisville, KY 40202
|Maysville Community and Technical College||1755 US 68, |
Maysville, KY 41056
|National College||115 East Lexington Avenue, |
Danville, KY 40422
|Spencerian College||1575 Winchester Road |
Lexington, KY 40505 USA
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, |
Louisville, KY 40205