Choosing to go to medical attending school is a big decision, and you want to make sure that you get the training you need to start your career. If you live in Louisiana and want to stay at home while taking classes, read on to find out more about programs within the state.
There are two ways that you can find good medical assistant programs in Louisiana. One way is to look for schools that focus on careers in the medical field, and the other is to search for programs at local community colleges and universities. Either way, a good program should be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
How to Get Certified in Louisiana
In Louisiana, a good medical attending training program should be part of a larger plan and lead to either a diploma or associate’s degree. Since medical aides need to be able to do clinical and office work, look for a school that doesn’t emphasize one kind of work while neglecting the other – once you get a job as a medical assistant, you’ll find yourself doing everything from answering the phone to collecting blood and urine samples.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Louisiana
The average medical helper in the state of Louisiana makes $12.77 per hour. This works out to be $26,560 per year, but you could make less or more depending on your experience and company pay scales. The top 10 percent of medical helpmates make over $35,000 every year.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Medical Billing Specialist
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College||6220 E Texas St, |
Bossier City, LA 71111
|Career Technical College||2319 Louisville Ave, |
Monroe, LA 71201
|Career Technical College||Shreveport, Loisiana||https://www.mccann.edu/campuses/mccann-shreveport-career-training|
|Herzing University||Kenner, Loisiana||https://www.herzing.edu/new-orleans
|MedVance Institute||9255 Interline Ave|
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
|Virginia College||Baton Rouge, Loisiana||