Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the state of New Hampshire, Maine is a beautiful and scenic place to live and work. Going to school in this state of 1.3 million can be just as rewarding, as there are several schools that specialize in medical assistance training programs and certifications.
You’ll have to be persistent when finding a job as a medical attendant in Maine, as there are not as many large urban centers here as there are in other states. The work is there, but you’ll need to be diligent in finding it. With five schools offering medical attendant classes, you’ll have to do your research into which ones are accredited and that offer full associate’s degrees. Financial aid is available.
How to Get Certified in Maine
In your search for an accredited, quality, affordable medical assistance school, ask pertinent questions when you call or tour the facilities. Find out what each school offers in the way of certificates or associate’s degrees, how much each class costs, when the programs take place, how long the program lasts and their accreditation status. This will help you further flesh out the schools that address your needs as a student looking toward a rewarding career in medical assistance. As a medical aide, you will likely work in a doctor’s office or medical center setting assisting physicians and nurses in daily tasks, such as taking patients’ temperatures and vital signs, filing paperwork and helping health care practitioners administer tests.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Maine
The annual median pay for a medical helper in the state’s capital city of Augusta, for example, is about $28,000. This is slightly under the national average of $29,370 per year, or $14.12 per hour, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The good news is, this occupation is expected to grow faster than average by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maine
|Beal College||99 Farm Road|
Bangor, ME 04401
|Kaplan College||475 Lisbon St, |
Lewiston, ME 04240
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue, |
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US Route 1, Suite K|
Scarborough, ME 04074
|Seacoast Career Schools||Sanford, Maine||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/Locations/Sanford-Campus/182/|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, |
South Portland, Maine 04106