Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the state of New Hampshire, Maine is a beautiful and scenic place to live and work. Going to school in this state of 1.3 million can be just as rewarding, as there are several schools that specialize in medical assistance training programs and certifications.
You’ll have to be persistent when finding a job as a medical attendant in Maine, as there are not as many large urban centers here as there are in other states. The work is there, but you’ll need to be diligent in finding it. With five schools offering medical attendant classes, you’ll have to do your research into which ones are accredited and that offer full associate’s degrees. Financial aid is available.
How to Get Certified in Maine
In your search for an accredited, quality, affordable medical assistance school, ask pertinent questions when you call or tour the facilities. Find out what each school offers in the way of certificates or associate’s degrees, how much each class costs, when the programs take place, how long the program lasts and their accreditation status. This will help you further flesh out the schools that address your needs as a student looking toward a rewarding career in medical assistance. As a medical aide, you will likely work in a doctor’s office or medical center setting assisting physicians and nurses in daily tasks, such as taking patients’ temperatures and vital signs, filing paperwork and helping health care practitioners administer tests.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Maine
The annual median pay for a medical helper in the state’s capital city of Augusta, for example, is about $28,000. This is slightly under the national average of $29,370 per year, or $14.12 per hour, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The good news is, this occupation is expected to grow faster than average by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maine
|Beal College||99 Farm Road|
Bangor, ME 04401
|Kaplan College||475 Lisbon St, |
Lewiston, ME 04240
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue, |
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US Route 1, Suite K|
Scarborough, ME 04074
|Seacoast Career Schools||Sanford, Maine||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/Locations/Sanford-Campus/182/|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, |
South Portland, Maine 04106