When looking at Medical Attendant training programs and schools, it is important to look at accreditation requirements in Maryland. Accredited schools offer reputable training and degrees for quality education programs that will meet the goals and objectives of students. Students need to look at several training programs schools before settling on one. There are differences between admission requirements, fees for tuition and books, characteristics of the training programs, what time of day classes are offered, what does the curriculum involve, how long it will take to complete the training, any perquisites and what the practicum involve . Further, students will want to know the percentage of graduates from the program and how many of these students pass the AAMA exam to become a Certified Medical Attendant.
How to Get Certified in Maryland
To become a Medical Aide in the state of Maryland, you must complete a medical assisting program that has been accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Only training programs accredited by these two organizations are eligible to take the certification exam in Maryland. These Medical Aide training programs will prepare students to enter the workforce with knowledge of medical administration, laboratory techniques, clinical and diagnosis procedures, pharmacology, medical terminology, medical laws and ethics, patient relations, first aid and human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Maryland
According to salary.com, salaries for Medical Aides in Maryland are above the national average. Salary ranges will vary depending on the geographical location within the state and general competitiveness for the positions. Below is a list of medical helpers median annual salary ranges based on cities within Maryland;
• Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City Glen Burnie, and Towson – $33,014
• Bethesda, Bowie, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Potomac, Silver Spring, Rockville, Waldrof – $36,644
• Frederick – $31,617
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- And more...
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maryland
|Allegany College of Maryland||12401 WILLOWBROOK ROAD |
CUMBERLAND, MD 21502
|Anne Arundel Community College||101 College Parkway|
Arnold, MD 21012-1895
|Cecil College||One Seahawk Drive|
North East, Maryland 21901
|Everest Institute||8757 Georgia Ave, |
Silver Spring, MD 20910
|Fortis College||6901 Security Boulevard Suite 21|
Baltimore, MD 21244
|Kaplan College||5301 Buckeystown Pike|
Frederick, MD 21704
|Kaplan University - Ground||18618 Crestwood Dr, |
Hagerstown, MD 21742
|Sanford-Brown College||7702 Woodland Center Blvd., Suite 100 |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Sanford-Brown Institute||8401 Corporate Dr|
Landover, MD 20785
|Harford Community College||Bel Air, Maryland||https://www.harford.edu/|