Looking to explore a career in medical assistance? You’re in luck, as there are several medical attendant schools in Massachusetts to choose from.
When trying to get the proper training in medical assistance, you have several resources at your disposal. Go online to perform some research, seek out your current school guidance counselor if you have one, get recommendations from family and friends, and visit schools near you that offer the programs you’re looking for. As a rule, it’s recommended you contact between three and five schools as part of your research so that you have a good pool of options. Ask about cost of degrees, admissions requirements, available classes, hours and on-the-job training opportunities.
How to Get Certified in Massachusetts
In choosing a medical aide school in this state, do your research into the new health care laws. Remember that you’ll be a critical element of support going forward in terms of the Massachusetts health care system. Be an advocate for the laws in your state and find schools that are supportive of your endeavors. Your responsibilities as a medical aide will include performing both administrative and clinical job within a doctor’s office setting, such as doing paperwork and taking patients’ vitals. Your exact duties will depend on the size of the office and the type of healthcare specialty.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Massachusetts
As of 2012, the median pay for medical assistants in this state was $29,370 a year and
$14.12 an hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook between now and 2022 is listed at 29 percent, much faster than the average. There were 560,800 jobs in the state as of 2012 involving medical assistance, with an employment change of 162,900 expected by 2022.
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Veterinary Technology
- AS - Animal and Veterinary Management
- AS - Respiratory Care
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Massachusetts
|American International College||1000 State St, |
Springfield, MA 01109
|Bay State College||122 Commonwealth Avenue |
Boston, MA 02116
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Springfield, MA||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|
|Bristol Community College||777 Elsbree Street|
Fall River, MA 02720
|Cape Cod Community College||2240 Iyannough Road|
West Barnstable, MA 02668
|Health Training Center||451 Elm Street|
North Attleboro, MA 02760
|Kaplan Career Institute||540 Commonwealth Ave|
Boston, MA 02215
|Lincoln Technical Institute||Somerville, MA||http://www.lincolntech.edu/campus/somerville-ma|
|Massasoit Community College||One Massasoit Blvd., |
Brockton, MA 02302
|McCann Technical School||70 Hodges Cross Road, |
North Adams, MA 01247
|Medical Professional Institute||380 Pleasant St.|
Malden, MA 02148
|Middlesex Community College||591 Springs Road, |
Bedford, MA 01730
|Mildred Elley||100 West Street | Pittsfield, MA 01201||http://www.mildred-elley.edu/|
|Mount Wachusett Community College||444 Green St, |
Gardner, MA 01440
|North Shore Community College||One Ferncroft Rd, |
Danvers, MA 01923
|Northern Essex Community College||100 Elliott St, |
Haverhill, MA 01830
|Porter and Chester Institute||5 Campanelli Cir, |
Canton, MA 02021
|Quinsigamond Community College||670 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA 01606||http://www.qcc.edu/|
|Southeastern Technical College||250 Foundry St, |
South Easton, MA 02375
|Springfield Technical Community College||One Armory Square Suite 1 |
Springfield, MA 01102-9000
|The Salter School||Fall River, MA||http://www.salterschool.com/|