Looking to explore a career in medical assistance? You’re in luck, as there are several medical attendant schools in Massachusetts to choose from.
When trying to get the proper training in medical assistance, you have several resources at your disposal. Go online to perform some research, seek out your current school guidance counselor if you have one, get recommendations from family and friends, and visit schools near you that offer the programs you’re looking for. As a rule, it’s recommended you contact between three and five schools as part of your research so that you have a good pool of options. Ask about cost of degrees, admissions requirements, available classes, hours and on-the-job training opportunities.
How to Get Certified in Massachusetts
In choosing a medical aide school in this state, do your research into the new health care laws. Remember that you’ll be a critical element of support going forward in terms of the Massachusetts health care system. Be an advocate for the laws in your state and find schools that are supportive of your endeavors. Your responsibilities as a medical aide will include performing both administrative and clinical job within a doctor’s office setting, such as doing paperwork and taking patients’ vitals. Your exact duties will depend on the size of the office and the type of healthcare specialty.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Massachusetts
As of 2012, the median pay for medical assistants in this state was $29,370 a year and
$14.12 an hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook between now and 2022 is listed at 29 percent, much faster than the average. There were 560,800 jobs in the state as of 2012 involving medical assistance, with an employment change of 162,900 expected by 2022.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Health Claims Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- B.S. in Nursing: RN to BSN
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Massachusetts
|American International College||1000 State St, |
Springfield, MA 01109
|Bay State College||122 Commonwealth Avenue |
Boston, MA 02116
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Springfield, MA||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|
|Bristol Community College||777 Elsbree Street|
Fall River, MA 02720
|Cape Cod Community College||2240 Iyannough Road|
West Barnstable, MA 02668
|Health Training Center||451 Elm Street|
North Attleboro, MA 02760
|Kaplan Career Institute||540 Commonwealth Ave|
Boston, MA 02215
|Lincoln Technical Institute||Somerville, MA||http://www.lincolntech.edu/campus/somerville-ma|
|Massasoit Community College||One Massasoit Blvd., |
Brockton, MA 02302
|McCann Technical School||70 Hodges Cross Road, |
North Adams, MA 01247
|Medical Professional Institute||380 Pleasant St.|
Malden, MA 02148
|Middlesex Community College||591 Springs Road, |
Bedford, MA 01730
|Mildred Elley||100 West Street | Pittsfield, MA 01201||http://www.mildred-elley.edu/|
|Mount Wachusett Community College||444 Green St, |
Gardner, MA 01440
|North Shore Community College||One Ferncroft Rd, |
Danvers, MA 01923
|Northern Essex Community College||100 Elliott St, |
Haverhill, MA 01830
|Porter and Chester Institute||5 Campanelli Cir, |
Canton, MA 02021
|Quinsigamond Community College||670 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA 01606||http://www.qcc.edu/|
|Southeastern Technical College||250 Foundry St, |
South Easton, MA 02375
|Springfield Technical Community College||One Armory Square Suite 1 |
Springfield, MA 01102-9000
|The Salter School||Fall River, MA||http://www.salterschool.com/|