A medical assistant career is one that will not be going away anytime soon. Due to constant growth in the medical field, it is a wise idea to consider becoming a medical assistant. There are many accredited medical assistant schools and programs to choose from in the Miami area for those who are interested. In most cases, it takes about one year for you to graduate and begin working as a medical assistant. You should do plenty of research on the accredited schools in Miami, and figure out which program is best for you. For example, if you have plans on working at a specific place once you get you graduate, you will want to choose the school that will best prepare you for that position.
If you live in the Miami area, you have many options if you want to become a medical assistant. Regardless of what type of training program you are looking for, there is a school that’s just right for you. You should think about things like price, location, school reputation, and other options when choosing a medical assistant training program. There are programs suited to fit almost anyone’s budget. If you want to be a certified or registered medical assistant, you should find schools that offer a path to attaining these goals. It is important that the training program you choose be accredited as well, so you get proper credit for everything you learn. The Miami area has many great accredited medical assistant training programs, so find one that offers everything you need.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Miami
The average salary for a medical assistant in Miami, FL is $38,000. However, the average salary for medical assistants that are certified is $49,000. Experience also plays a role in how much you will make in this field. There are also specific positions that a certified medical assistant can get that pay more than others. For example, a permanent physician assistant in Miami has an average salary of $85,000. Like most career paths, you will most likely have to work your way up to positions that pay more. Any related degrees or certifications you have could also increase your salary.
List of Medical Attendant School near Miami
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Allied Health Institute
Central Florida Institute
Dade Medical College
Miami Dade College
Miami-Jacobs Career College
D.G. Erwin Technical Center