Medical assisting is a field that involves administrative duties and hands-on contact with patients. If this type of career interests you, you may find it beneficial to learn about medical aide schools in Michigan and what this career all entails. Within the state of Michigan, you’ll find many accredited medical aide schools. Graduating from an accredited school can be an important step in your career, particularly if you want to obtain certification. Schools that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools generally provide all the necessary training needed to become a medical deputy. Medical aide training programs typically include didactic courses and supervised hands-on training. Those seeking degrees may also have to complete general education classes.
How to Get Certified in MichiganMichigan, like most other states, does not require medical helpmate be certified. Although this career is already growing at a faster-than-average pace, medical helpers who are certified generally see better employment opportunities. To be eligible for certification, you’ll have to show proof of completing an approved training program for medical representatives. Some employers may require certification, and some training programs require it as a condition of graduation. Certification, which requires passing an examination, can be obtained through the following organizations.
» American Association of Medical Attendant
» American Medical Technologists
» National Center for Competency Testing
» National Healthcareer Association
Salaries for Medical Attendants in MichiganMedical subordinates in Michigan see a wide range of salaries depending on the location. In Grand Rapids, medical aides earned $31,696, while those working in Flint earned $27,775 – both below the national average. Medical aides further south saw wages above the national average. Ann Arbor and Detroit medical helpmates earned $33,452 and $32,143 respectively, according to a February 2014 Salary.com report. Other factors affecting the wage are experience, employer and certifications earned.
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Administration (AAS)
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Practical Nursing, Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Michigan
|Alpena Community College||665 Johnson St., |
Alpena, MI 49707-1495
|Baker College||4500 Enterprise |
Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101
|Carnegie Institute||550 Stephenson Hwy, |
Troy, MI 48083
|Davenport University||200 West Van Buren St.|
Battle Creek, MI 49017
|Detroit Business Institute - Downriver||19100 Fort Street|
Riverview, MI 48193-6799
|Dorsey Schools||33533 W. 12 Mile Road, Suite 152|
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331
|Glen Oaks Community College||62249 Shimmel Road, |
Centreville MI 49032
|Henry Ford Community College||5101 Evergreen Rd, |
Dearborn, MI 48128
|Jackson College||2111 Emmons Road|
Jackson, MI 49201
|Kalamazoo Valley Community College||230 North Rose Street|
Kalamazoo, MI 49003
|Macomb Community College||14500 E. 12 Mile Road|
Warren, MI 48088
|Mid Michigan Community College||1375 S Clare Ave, |
Harrison, MI 48625
|Montcalm Community College||2800 College Dr, |
Sidney, MI 48885
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Road, |
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
|Sanford-Brown College||5900 Mercury Dr|
Dearborn, MI 48126
|Schoolcraft College||18600 Haggerty Road |
Livonia, MI 48152