If you’re a Minnesota resident looking for a career that offers good job growth, decent wages and the opportunity to be part of the medical field, you may consider becoming a medical aide. Read below to learn what this career entails and info on medical assisting schools in MN.
If you’re planning on enrolling in a medical aide program in Minnesota, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Graduating from an accredited school ensures you’re getting the training required to work as a medical helper and qualifies you to take the certification exam. According to the CAAHEP, there are about 20 accredited medical aide schools in Minnesota.
How to Get Certified in Minnesota
Medical subordinate programs can take from one to two years to complete and may offer diplomas, certificates or degrees upon completion. Students complete a curriculum that combines didactic studies with hands-on supervised internships. The student typically spends time in both clinical and administrative settings.
Medical helpmates do not need to be licensed to work in Minnesota; however, being certified can be beneficial when seeking employment as a medical aide. The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) offers the Certified Medical Attendant credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Minnesota
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that certified or registered medical helpmates working in Minnesota earned a mean annual wage of $32,530 as of May 2012, which is slightly higher than the national average of $30,550. Salaries varied quite a bit from city to city. While medical helpers in Rochester earned more than $39,000, those working in the Southeast nonmetropolitan areas of MN earned just under $27,000, as reported by the BLS.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Minnesota
|Academy College||1600 W. 82nd Street, Ste. 100|
Bloomington, MN 5543
|Anoka Technical College||1355 West Highway 10|
Anoka, MN 55303
|Anthem College||5100 Gamble Drive, Suite 200|
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Argosy University||1515 Central Parkway|
Eagan, MN 55121
|Century College||3300 Century Avenue North|
White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110
|Dakota County Technical College||1300 145th Street E., |
Rosemount, MN 55068-2999
|Duluth Business University||4724 Mike Colalillo Drive, |
Duluth MN 55807
|Globe University||3680 Pheasant Ridge Dr. NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Hennepin Technical College||Brooklyn Park, MN||Brooklyn Park, MNhttps://www.hennepintech.edu/|
|Lake Superior College||2101 Trinity Rd. |
Duluth, MN 55811
|Minneapolis Business College||1711 County Road B W, |
Roseville, MN 55113
|Minnesota School of Business||3680 Pheasant Ridge Drive NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||1450 College Way, |
Worthington, MN 56187
|Northland Community and Technical College||2022 Central Avenue NE|
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
|Ridgewater College||2101 15th Avenue NW|
Willmar MN 56201
|Sanford-Brown College||5951 Earle Brown Dr. |
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430