If you’re a Minnesota resident looking for a career that offers good job growth, decent wages and the opportunity to be part of the medical field, you may consider becoming a medical aide. Read below to learn what this career entails and info on medical assisting schools in MN.
If you’re planning on enrolling in a medical aide program in Minnesota, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Graduating from an accredited school ensures you’re getting the training required to work as a medical helper and qualifies you to take the certification exam. According to the CAAHEP, there are about 20 accredited medical aide schools in Minnesota.
How to Get Certified in Minnesota
Medical subordinate programs can take from one to two years to complete and may offer diplomas, certificates or degrees upon completion. Students complete a curriculum that combines didactic studies with hands-on supervised internships. The student typically spends time in both clinical and administrative settings.
Medical helpmates do not need to be licensed to work in Minnesota; however, being certified can be beneficial when seeking employment as a medical aide. The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) offers the Certified Medical Attendant credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Minnesota
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that certified or registered medical helpmates working in Minnesota earned a mean annual wage of $32,530 as of May 2012, which is slightly higher than the national average of $30,550. Salaries varied quite a bit from city to city. While medical helpers in Rochester earned more than $39,000, those working in the Southeast nonmetropolitan areas of MN earned just under $27,000, as reported by the BLS.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Minnesota
|Academy College||1600 W. 82nd Street, Ste. 100|
Bloomington, MN 5543
|Anoka Technical College||1355 West Highway 10|
Anoka, MN 55303
|Anthem College||5100 Gamble Drive, Suite 200|
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Argosy University||1515 Central Parkway|
Eagan, MN 55121
|Century College||3300 Century Avenue North|
White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110
|Dakota County Technical College||1300 145th Street E., |
Rosemount, MN 55068-2999
|Duluth Business University||4724 Mike Colalillo Drive, |
Duluth MN 55807
|Globe University||3680 Pheasant Ridge Dr. NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Hennepin Technical College||Brooklyn Park, MN||Brooklyn Park, MNhttps://www.hennepintech.edu/|
|Lake Superior College||2101 Trinity Rd. |
Duluth, MN 55811
|Minneapolis Business College||1711 County Road B W, |
Roseville, MN 55113
|Minnesota School of Business||3680 Pheasant Ridge Drive NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||1450 College Way, |
Worthington, MN 56187
|Northland Community and Technical College||2022 Central Avenue NE|
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
|Ridgewater College||2101 15th Avenue NW|
Willmar MN 56201
|Sanford-Brown College||5951 Earle Brown Dr. |
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430