There are many schools that offer programs and certification for medical assistant training in Nevada. As with any schooling endeavor you start out on, research is a big part of the game. Narrowing them down is a thoughtful process that requires you to take into account your budget, time, type of program you’re looking for and campus environment.
Nevada, population 2.7 million, boasts a beautiful desert landscape that attracts both visitors and residents known mostly for its deserts, ranches, mountains and gaming industry. Within the state, you will find plenty of opportunities to find a job in the medical subordinates sector, particularly in the larger metro areas of Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City.
How to Get Certified in Nevada
The highest concentration of jobs in medical assistance are located in the large urban areas that have access to hospitals, medical centers and numerous physicians’ offices. However, the outlook for this job occupation is strong throughout the entire state. The state is constantly on the lookout for qualified workers. Get
involved through the Professional Student Exchange Program and Health Care Access Program.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendanst in Nevada
As of 2010, medical helpers in Nevada were making about $32,250 a year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s slightly above the national median salary of about $29,300, or $14 per hour. Job growth in this sector is expected to remain strong through 2020. Once you graduate from an accredited program here, you can become certified by the American Association of Medical Aides. This extra certification can mean the difference between a high salary and an average one. Remember, qualified medical helpmates are in demand in this state, so anything you can do to boost your knowledge will work to your advantage.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Nevada
|Academy of Healing Arts||710 S Tonopah Dr, |
Las Vegas, NV 89106
|Career College of Northern Nevada||1421 Pullman Dr., |
Sparks, NV 89434
|College of Southern Nevada||700 College Dr, |
Henderson, NV 89002
|Kaplan College||Las Vegas, NV||https://www.brightwood.edu/locations/las-vegas-nv/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=LAS&utm_campaign=local|
|Northwest Health Careers||7398 Smoke Ranch Road|
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
|Pima Medical Institute||333 E. Flamingo Road|
Las Vegas, NV 89121
|University of Nevada-Las Vegas Continuing Education||4505 S Maryland Pkwy, |
Las Vegas, NV 89119