Choosing a career in the medical field is an excellent way to ensure long lasting job security. Medical attendants help physicians and other medical staff with patient care and routine tasks that are necessary in a hospital or other medical facility. To become a medical aide, an individual must take the appropriate courses to become certified. Students who are interested in joining the New Mexico health care industry can find out more information about the accredited medical attending schools in the state by visiting either the New Mexico Medical Assistant Society’s website, or the State Hospital Association.
How to Get Certified in New Mexico
The New Mexico health care industry is always seeking qualified professionals to help fulfill the growing need of excellence medical care in the area. The state has seen the biggest growth in the health care industry over the past five years. New Mexico is home to more than two million residents. Therefore there will always be a need for a variety of medical aides in local hospitals, physician offices and outpatient centers. There are several medical attendant certification programs available at local universities as well as online programs that can also provide the right amount of training and education.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in New Mexico
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, The average pay for medical helpmates in 2012 was $14.12 per hour which comes to an average salary of $29,370 per year. The job outlook at that time had rose to 29%, which was much faster than average. The number of jobs available was more than 560,000 nationwide with no former experience required and entry level education being a post-secondary non-degree award.
With an average salary of $29,370, the lower ten percent received around $21,080 while the higher ten percent earned more than $41,570. Most medical aides work full-time while others work on nights and weekends to cover shifts at 24 hour facilities.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College||Albuquerque, NM||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/albuquerque|
|Carrington College||1001 Menaul Blvd NE, |
Albuquerque, NM 87107
|National American University||Albuquerque, NM||www.national.edu/Official_Site|
|Pima Medical Institute||4400 Cutler Ave N.E.|
Albuquerque, NM 87110
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Ave. |
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
|Vista College||850 North Telshore Blvd., Suites F-G.,|
Las Cruces, NM 88011