When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in North Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in North Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in North Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in North Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in North Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in North Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
- And more...
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in North Carolina
|Alamance Community College||1247 JIMMIE KERR RD.|
GRAHAM NC, 27253-8000
|Brookstone College of Business||10125 Berkeley Place Drive|
Charlotte, NC 28262
|Cabarrus College of Health Sciences||401 MEDICAL PARK DR. |
CONCORD, NC 28025
|Carteret Community College||3505 Arendell Street|
Morehead City, NC 28557
|Central Carolina Community College||764 West Street|
Pittsboro, NC 27312-8822
|Central Piedmont Community College||141 Elizabeth Ave, |
Charlotte, NC 28204
|College of the Albemarle||1208 N Rd St, |
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
|Craven Community College||800 College Court|
New Bern, NC 28562
|Davidson County Community College||297 Davidson Community College Rd,|
Thomasville, NC 27360
|Durham Technical Community College||1637 East Lawson Street, |
Durham, NC 27703
|ECPI University||4800 Airport Center Pkwy, |
Charlotte, NC 28208
|Edgecombe Community College||2009 W Wilson St, |
Tarboro, NC 27886
|Forsyth Technical Community College||2100 Silas Creek Parkway|
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
|Gaston College||201 Highway 321 South |
Dallas, NC 28034
|Guilford Technical Community College||601 E. Main Street|
Jamestown, NC 27282
|Haywood Community College||185 Freedlander Dr, |
Clyde, NC 28721
|James Sprunt Community College||133 James Sprunt|
Kenansville, NC 28349
|Johnston Community College||245 College Rd, |
Smithfield, NC 27577
|Kaplan University||Charlotte, NC||www.kaplanuniversity.edu/|
|King's College||322 Lamar Ave, |
Charlotte, NC 28204
|Lenoir Community College||231 Hwy 58 South |
Kinston, NC 28502-0188
|Martin Community College||1161 Kehukee Park Rd, |
Williamston, NC 27892
|Mayland Community College||200 Mayland Ln, |
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
|Medical Arts School||7041 Old Wake Forest Road |
Raleigh, NC 27616
|Miller-Motte College|| 2205 Walnut St, |
Cary, NC 27518
|Mitchell Community College||500 West Broad Street|
Statesville, NC 28677
|Montgomery Community College||1011 Page St, |
Troy, NC 27371
|Nash Community College||522 N Old Carriage Rd, |
Rocky Mt, NC 27804
|Pamlico Community College||5049 Highway 306 South |
Grantsboro, NC 28529
|Piedmont Community College||Piedmont Community College|
1715 College Dr,
Roxboro, NC 27573
|Pitt Community College||1986 Pitt Tech Rd, |
Winterville, NC 28590
|Richmond Community College||1042 West Hamlet Avenue|
Hamlet, NC 28345 USA
|South College||140 Sweeten Creek Rd, |
Asheville, NC 28803
|South Piedmont Community College||680 U.S. 74, |
Polkton, NC 28135
|Southeastern Institute||Charlotte, NC||southeasterninstitute.edu/campuses/charlotte-nc-main-campus/|
|Stanly Community College||141 College Drive, |
Albemarle, NC 28001
|Surry Community College||630 SOUTH MAIN STREET : |
DOBSON, NC 27017
|Tri-County Community College||21 Campus Circle, |
Murphy, NC 28906
|Vance-Granville Community College||200 Community College Road |
Henderson, N.C. 27536
|Wake Technical Community College||101 Fayetteville Road |
Raleigh, NC 27603
|Wayne Community College||3000 Wayne Memorial Drive|
Goldsboro, NC 27534
|Western Piedmont Community College||1001 Burkemont Avenue|
Morganton, NC 28655
|Wilkes Community College||1328 S. Collegiate Drive, |
Wilkesboro, NC 28697