Take heart knowing the health care industry in Oklahoma is going strong, right along with the rest of the nation. Oklahoma has a population of 3.8 million, acting as a hub for several industries, including medical, primarily within its bustling urban centers like Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Looking into medical attendant programs in this stats isn’t difficult; you just have to know where to start.
How to Get Certified in Oklahoma
To have a higher chance of a better paying job once you graduate, it’s important to choose a medical attending school that is accredited. This means it has met certain requirements and quality assurance targets. Your future boss will be happy to see you attended an accredited school. You can obtain financial aid if you need help paying tuition, and scholarships are available depending on your academic record and financial status. Places like the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant can help you.
Covering yourself in terms of maximization of chances to get into a good school starts with sending out plenty of applications. It’s recommend you send out at least five. It’s also important that you speak to reps at each school to find out not only about cost and financial aid but also about programs and degrees available, night and online classes, certification, length of programs and campus choices.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in Oklahoma
While the state average salary for medical aide is below the national average, at $26,000, there are ways you can boost your earning potential. This involves taking the certification exam through the American Association of Medical Attendants. Employers are likely to pay you more if you can say you’re certified. The national mean salary for medical aides is $29,000, or about $14 an hour, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook in Oklahoma and all over the country is solid with the industry expected to grow by 29 percent in the next decade.
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Dental Assistant
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Healthcare Coding
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oklahoma
|Brown Mackie College||Oklahoma City, OK||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/oklahoma-city|
|Community Care College||4242 S Sheridan Rd, |
Tulsa, OK 74145
|Everest College||3319 W. Hillsborough Avenue |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||12777 N Rockwell Ave, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
|Heritage College||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.heritagecollege.edu/campus/oklahoma-city-oklahoma/|
|Metro Technology Centers||1900 Springlake Dr, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW, |
Norman, OK 73069
|Tulsa Community College||3727 E Apache St, |
Tulsa, OK 74115