Take heart knowing the health care industry in Oklahoma is going strong, right along with the rest of the nation. Oklahoma has a population of 3.8 million, acting as a hub for several industries, including medical, primarily within its bustling urban centers like Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Looking into medical attendant programs in this stats isn’t difficult; you just have to know where to start.
How to Get Certified in Oklahoma
To have a higher chance of a better paying job once you graduate, it’s important to choose a medical attending school that is accredited. This means it has met certain requirements and quality assurance targets. Your future boss will be happy to see you attended an accredited school. You can obtain financial aid if you need help paying tuition, and scholarships are available depending on your academic record and financial status. Places like the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant can help you.
Covering yourself in terms of maximization of chances to get into a good school starts with sending out plenty of applications. It’s recommend you send out at least five. It’s also important that you speak to reps at each school to find out not only about cost and financial aid but also about programs and degrees available, night and online classes, certification, length of programs and campus choices.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in Oklahoma
While the state average salary for medical aide is below the national average, at $26,000, there are ways you can boost your earning potential. This involves taking the certification exam through the American Association of Medical Attendants. Employers are likely to pay you more if you can say you’re certified. The national mean salary for medical aides is $29,000, or about $14 an hour, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook in Oklahoma and all over the country is solid with the industry expected to grow by 29 percent in the next decade.
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oklahoma
|Brown Mackie College||Oklahoma City, OK||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/oklahoma-city|
|Community Care College||4242 S Sheridan Rd, |
Tulsa, OK 74145
|Everest College||3319 W. Hillsborough Avenue |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||12777 N Rockwell Ave, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
|Heritage College||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.heritagecollege.edu/campus/oklahoma-city-oklahoma/|
|Metro Technology Centers||1900 Springlake Dr, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW, |
Norman, OK 73069
|Tulsa Community College||3727 E Apache St, |
Tulsa, OK 74115