Oregon is known for its sweeping vistas, gorgeous landscapes, vibrant outdoor recreation, state parks and rivers. A total of 3.8 million call Oregon home, with large cities like Portland and Salem getting the lion’s share of attention. Like the rest of America, the health care industry is booming, and more medical aides than ever before are needed to help man the state’s many doctors’ offices and medical facilities.
Most of the medical attending schools in Oregon are accredited, which is good news to your future employer. This will also yield you a higher pay check. Be on the lookout for schools that gel with your interests, budget and location. It’s a good idea to go on a tour of the few schools you are considering. There, you can see if the campus fits with your goals, personality and lifestyle.
How to Get Certified in Oregon
It’s probably best to ensure you have a good chance of being accepted at several schools, so send out between three and five applications. You can even do more. Whatever you can do to boost your chances for success, do it. You’ll want to inquire at each school about classes and programs available, whether degrees or certificates are given out, how much it costs and what financial aid is available. Get financial aid help from places like the Oregon Rural Health Services Loan Repayment Program. You may qualify from a scholarship courtesy of Ford Family Foundation Scholarships.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Oregon
Fortunately for you, the mean annual salary for a medical helper in this state is above the national average, at $32,540, compared with the national of $29,000. Take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants to increase your chances of being hired and getting better pay. This job sector is expected to continue growing at a rate of 29 percent until at least 2020, which is much faster than the average.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
City University of Seattle is a private nonprofit university accredited through the doctoral level. It is dedicated to serving the working adult and transfer student and is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the Top 50 in the country for its online bachelor’s degree programs.
According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, CityU’s Completion Rate is more than twice the national average.
CityU offers flexible online, onsite and performance-based programs throughout North America, Asia and Europe and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. CityU’s curriculum is informed and taught by professionals who are leaders in their industries and can prepare students for their big meetings tomorrow or their next big career moves.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oregon
|Anthem College||Beaverton, OR||m.anthem.edu/beaverton-oregon/
|Carrington College||2004 Lloyd Center|
Portland, OR 97232
|Central Oregon Community College||2600 N.W. College Way |
Bend, Oregon 97701
|Clackamas Community College||19600 Molalla Avenue, |
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
|Columbia Gorge Community College||400 E Scenic Dr, The |
Dalles, OR 97058
|Concorde Career College||1425 NE Irving St #300, |
Portland, OR 97232
|Everest College||Portland, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/portland|
|Everest College||Tigard, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/tigard|
|Lane Community College||4000 East 30th Ave., |
Eugene, Oregon 97405
|Linn-Benton Community College||6500 Pacific Blvd. SW|
Albany, Oregon 97321
|Mt Hood Community College||26000 SE Stark St. |
Gresham, OR 97030
|Portland Community College||12000 SW 49th Ave, |
Portland, OR 97219
|Sanford-Brown College||600 SW 10th Ave #400, |
Portland, OR 97205