When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in South Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in South Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in South Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in South Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in South Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in South Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Associate of Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||2276 Jefferson Davis Hwy, |
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 N Guignard Dr, |
Sumter, SC 29150
|ECPI University||1001 Keys Drive #100|
Greenville, SC 29615
|Forrest Junior College||601 E River St, |
Anderson, SC 29624
|Fortis College||246 Stoneridge Dr #101, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Greenville Technical College||506 S Pleasantburg Dr, |
Greenville, SC 29607
|Medical Careers Institute||250 Berryhill Rd, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Miller-Motte Technical College||5000 Market St, |
Wilmington, NC 28405
|Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College||3250 St Matthews Rd, |
Orangeburg, SC 29118
|Piedmont Technical College||620 State Road S-24-236, |
Greenwood, SC 29646
|South University||9 Science Ct, |
Columbia, SC 29203
|Spartanburg Community College||107 Community College Drive|
Spartanburg, SC 29303
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Highway 76, |
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Ave, |
North Charleston, SC 29406