With a population of 833,000, South Dakota isn’t the biggest state in the nation but it does have a pretty booming medical industry. Following the trajectory of the rest of the country, this state enjoys a healthy medical industry; however, there is a shortage of qualified medical attendants seeking jobs.
The first thing you should do on your hunt for a South Dakota medical attending program is gather a few resources and research them all thoroughly. This means taking the time to explore each school’s website, call the admissions departments and schedule tours of the ones you like. Ask about the cost of tuition, any financial aid available, programs and certifications you can take, size of classes and availability of online or night classes. Looking for financial aid? Check out resources like South Dakota Opportunity Scholarships, the ACMPE Scholarship Fund Inc. and the Dakota Corps Scholarship Program.
How to Get Certified in South Dakota
Your search for medical attending programs should entail applying to between three and five schools. Boosting your shot at getting into the school of your choice is a great way to ensure your happiness with your future career. Whether you’re looking for an associate’s degree, certificate or diploma, you are sure to find something that suits your needs. Narrow down your search according to accreditation, tuition, location and availability of classes.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in South Dakota
The average salary for a medical aid in South Dakota is under the national average, at $25,130 a year. The national average is $29,000. Although South Dakota pays at the lower end of the pay scale, there are ways to boost your pay check. One of these ways is to achieve certification by taking an exam with the American Association of Medical Assistants. There is a currently a shortage of medical aides in the state, so do all you can to increase your chances of a better paying job.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Health Care Management B.S.
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Dakota
|Colorado Technical University||3901 W 59th St, |
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
|Lake Area Technical Institute||1201 Arrow Ave NE, |
Watertown, SD 57201
|Mitchell Technical Institute||1800 E. Spruce St.|
Mitchell, SD 57301
|National American University||Sioux Falls, SD||http://www.national.edu/locations/campuses/sioux-falls/|
|Presentation College||1500 North Main Street|
Aberdeen, SD 57401