With a population of 833,000, South Dakota isn’t the biggest state in the nation but it does have a pretty booming medical industry. Following the trajectory of the rest of the country, this state enjoys a healthy medical industry; however, there is a shortage of qualified medical attendants seeking jobs.
The first thing you should do on your hunt for a South Dakota medical attending program is gather a few resources and research them all thoroughly. This means taking the time to explore each school’s website, call the admissions departments and schedule tours of the ones you like. Ask about the cost of tuition, any financial aid available, programs and certifications you can take, size of classes and availability of online or night classes. Looking for financial aid? Check out resources like South Dakota Opportunity Scholarships, the ACMPE Scholarship Fund Inc. and the Dakota Corps Scholarship Program.
How to Get Certified in South Dakota
Your search for medical attending programs should entail applying to between three and five schools. Boosting your shot at getting into the school of your choice is a great way to ensure your happiness with your future career. Whether you’re looking for an associate’s degree, certificate or diploma, you are sure to find something that suits your needs. Narrow down your search according to accreditation, tuition, location and availability of classes.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in South Dakota
The average salary for a medical aid in South Dakota is under the national average, at $25,130 a year. The national average is $29,000. Although South Dakota pays at the lower end of the pay scale, there are ways to boost your pay check. One of these ways is to achieve certification by taking an exam with the American Association of Medical Assistants. There is a currently a shortage of medical aides in the state, so do all you can to increase your chances of a better paying job.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Dakota
|Colorado Technical University||3901 W 59th St, |
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
|Lake Area Technical Institute||1201 Arrow Ave NE, |
Watertown, SD 57201
|Mitchell Technical Institute||1800 E. Spruce St.|
Mitchell, SD 57301
|National American University||Sioux Falls, SD||http://www.national.edu/locations/campuses/sioux-falls/|
|Presentation College||1500 North Main Street|
Aberdeen, SD 57401