The medical field is booming in practically all areas across the United States. Training programs from accredited institutions are available across the country. Tennessee houses several highly rated and accredited schools that offer a program for medical attendants. Chattanooga State Community College offers a Medical Attendant Certification program with CAAHEP accreditation. Associate degrees are also available in the Medical Attendant field through National College with campuses in multiple Tennessee cities such as Bartlett, Bristol, Knoxville, Madison, Memphis, and Nashville. National College also has CAAHEP accreditation.
How to Get Certified in Tennessee
The Medical Aide training in Tennessee involves different options. There are Associate degrees offered in this particular area, as well as diploma programs. The major difference between a diploma and an Associate degree is the length of time that it takes to complete the two. The Associate degree is a little more well rounded in the field of medicine and will often take between 18 months and 2 years to complete due to the extra classes required. A diploma focuses mostly on job specific skills and therefore will take less time.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Tennessee
As in most places in the country, salaries will vary from state-to-state and city-to-city depending upon demand, workforce, demographics, etc. The average Medical Aide salary in the Western Tennessee city of Memphis is approximately $30,000 per year, while the Eastern Tennessee city of Knoxville shows an approximate salary of about $28,000 per year.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- And more...
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Tennessee
|Anthem Career College||5865 Shelby Oaks Circle, Suite 100|
Memphis, TN 38134
|Chattanooga State Community College||4501 Amnicola Highway|
Chattanooga TN 37406-1097
|Cleveland State Community College||3535 Adkisson Dr, |
Cleveland, TN 37312
|Concorde Career College||5100 Poplar Ave, |
Memphis, TN 38137
|Daymar Institute||Clarksville, TN||http://www.daymarcollege.edu/locations/tennessee/clarksville|
|Kaplan Career Institute||Nashville, TN||http://www.brightwood.edu/Nashville/Review
|MedVance Institute||1025 Hwy. 111|
Cookeville, TN 38501
|Miller-Motte Technical College||6020 Shallowford Rd #100, |
Chattanooga, TN 37421
|National College||760 Stage Rd, |
Bartlett, TN 38134
|South College||3904 Lonas Drive|
Knoxville, Tennessee 37909
|Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville||1100 Liberty St NW, |
Knoxville, TN 37919
|Vatterott Career College||Memphis, TN||http://www.vatterott.edu/memphis_dividend.asp|
|Virginia College||Chattanooga, TN||http://explore.vc.edu/Chattanooga/Campus|