If you live in Washington and have thought about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that there will be many opportunities for professional success and advancement within this sector. In order to get started, it is important that you obtain information regarding the different schools and programs you can enroll in for the purpose of attaining the training and certification you’ll need to excel in the work place. By reading the information below, you can learn basic information regarding educational options that prepare Washington students to work and thrive within their field of choice.
Once you’ve decided to obtain certifications or degrees in order to work as a medical aide, it will be important for you to locate an accredited medical attending school within your local Washington area. Doing so is important, because many employers will not accept qualifications and credentials that come from educational institutions that are not certified. There are many ways that you can obtain this information, including by doing an online search of the school you’re interested in. Additionally, you can opt to visit Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to Get Certified in Washington
After you’ve made certain that your medical attending training program of choice is accredited, you’ll want to learn as much about the course offerings as possible. While classwork will vary from school to school, some of the subjects you’ll probably be exposed to include:
• Patient care and communication
• Clinical assisting and pharmacology
• Cardiopulmonary procedures
• Laboratory procedures
• Medical insurance, health sciences, and bookkeeping
• Endocrinology and reproduction
• Therapeutic care
In addition to obtaining this information, you’ll want to learn about the costs involved in attaining your medical assisting certification. Prices for schools in Washington can range from around $6,000 to $15,000.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Washington
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical aide in Washington is $40,000 annually. This annual income is subject to change based on differentiating factors such as experience, education, expertise, and location.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Washington
|Carrington College||10102 E Knox Ave #200, |
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, |
Vancouver, WA 98663
|Clover Park Technical College||4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, |
Lakewood, WA 98499
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., |
Pasco, WA 99301
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street|
Everett, WA 98201
|Highline Community College||2400 S. 240th St |
Des Moines, WA 98198
|Kaplan College||500 SW 39th St Ste 155|
Renton, WA 98057
|Lake Washington Technical College||11605 132nd Ave NE, |
Kirkland, WA 98034
|Lower Columbia College||1600 Maple Street, |
Longview WA 98632
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way N, |
Seattle, WA 98103
|Olympic College||1600 Chester Avenue |
Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place|
Renton, WA 98057
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE Fourth Street, |
Renton, WA 98056
|Seattle Vocational Institute||8060 165 th Avenue NE, Suite 100|
Redmond, WA 98052
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way|
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
|South Puget Sound Community College||2011 Mottman Road SW, |
Olympia, Wa 98512
|Spokane Community College||1810 N. Greene St.|
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
|Wenatchee Valley College||1300 5th St, |
Wenatchee, WA 98801
|Whatcom Community College||237 W Kellogg Rd, |
Bellingham, WA 98226
|Yakima Valley Community College||S.16th Ave & Nob Hill Blvd. |
Yakima, WA 98902