If you live in Washington and have thought about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that there will be many opportunities for professional success and advancement within this sector. In order to get started, it is important that you obtain information regarding the different schools and programs you can enroll in for the purpose of attaining the training and certification you’ll need to excel in the work place. By reading the information below, you can learn basic information regarding educational options that prepare Washington students to work and thrive within their field of choice.
Once you’ve decided to obtain certifications or degrees in order to work as a medical aide, it will be important for you to locate an accredited medical attending school within your local Washington area. Doing so is important, because many employers will not accept qualifications and credentials that come from educational institutions that are not certified. There are many ways that you can obtain this information, including by doing an online search of the school you’re interested in. Additionally, you can opt to visit Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to Get Certified in Washington
After you’ve made certain that your medical attending training program of choice is accredited, you’ll want to learn as much about the course offerings as possible. While classwork will vary from school to school, some of the subjects you’ll probably be exposed to include:
• Patient care and communication
• Clinical assisting and pharmacology
• Cardiopulmonary procedures
• Laboratory procedures
• Medical insurance, health sciences, and bookkeeping
• Endocrinology and reproduction
• Therapeutic care
In addition to obtaining this information, you’ll want to learn about the costs involved in attaining your medical assisting certification. Prices for schools in Washington can range from around $6,000 to $15,000.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Washington
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical aide in Washington is $40,000 annually. This annual income is subject to change based on differentiating factors such as experience, education, expertise, and location.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Office Administrative Assistant
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Washington
|Carrington College||10102 E Knox Ave #200, |
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, |
Vancouver, WA 98663
|Clover Park Technical College||4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, |
Lakewood, WA 98499
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., |
Pasco, WA 99301
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street|
Everett, WA 98201
|Highline Community College||2400 S. 240th St |
Des Moines, WA 98198
|Kaplan College||500 SW 39th St Ste 155|
Renton, WA 98057
|Lake Washington Technical College||11605 132nd Ave NE, |
Kirkland, WA 98034
|Lower Columbia College||1600 Maple Street, |
Longview WA 98632
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way N, |
Seattle, WA 98103
|Olympic College||1600 Chester Avenue |
Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place|
Renton, WA 98057
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE Fourth Street, |
Renton, WA 98056
|Seattle Vocational Institute||8060 165 th Avenue NE, Suite 100|
Redmond, WA 98052
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way|
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
|South Puget Sound Community College||2011 Mottman Road SW, |
Olympia, Wa 98512
|Spokane Community College||1810 N. Greene St.|
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
|Wenatchee Valley College||1300 5th St, |
Wenatchee, WA 98801
|Whatcom Community College||237 W Kellogg Rd, |
Bellingham, WA 98226
|Yakima Valley Community College||S.16th Ave & Nob Hill Blvd. |
Yakima, WA 98902