Medical assisting is a field that allows you to help patients feel better. You’ll assist physicians in many of their daily duties. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, read below how it can be possible for you to work as a medical aide in Wisconsin
To become a medical aide in Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete a training program at an accredited medical helper school. Two agencies that offer accreditation are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), so look for schools/programs that are CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited. CAAHEP states that there are about 20 accredited medical helpmate schools in Wisconsin.
How to Get Certified in Wisconsin
The majority of the medical assisting training programs in Wisconsin take one year to complete, unless they’re associate degree programs. Some of the medical assisting program courses may be offered online or in hybrid format. Medical aide students can expect to take courses in medical helper procedures, administrative procedures, medical law and ethics, pharmacology and medical terminology. They also complete a medical subordinate practicum where they work in an actual work setting to gain real experience. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a certification exam through the American Association of Medical helpers or the American Medical Technologists.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Wisconsin
Salaries for certified and registered medical deputies in Wisconsin average about $36,000, according to an Indeed.com 2014 report. This figure is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earnings include location, experience, level of training and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2012, there were about 10,750 medical helpmates employed in Wisconsin, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College||440 S Executive Dr, |
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road G, |
Janesville, WI 53546
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W. Clairemont Avenue |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Concordia University-Wisconsin||12800 N LAKE SHORE DR, |
MEQUON, WI 53097-2418
|Everest College||1311 N. 6th Street|
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|Fox Valley Technical College||150 N Campbell Rd, |
Oshkosh, WI 54902
|Gateway Technical College||400 County Road H, |
Elkhorn, WI 53121
|Globe University||4955 Bullis Farm Rd, |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kaplan College||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Kaplan University - Ground||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College||13466 W Trepania Rd, |
Hayward, WI 54843
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Ave, |
Cleveland, WI 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright St, |
Madison, WI 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||500 32nd St N, |
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College||235 North National Avenue |
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1940
|Nicolet Area Technical College||5364 College Drive|
Rhinelander, WI 54501
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W Campus Dr, |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Rasmussen College||3500 E Destination Dr, |
Appleton, WI 54915
|Sanford-Brown College||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072
|Western Technical College||400 Seventh Street North|
La Crosse, WI 54601
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||505 Pine Ridge Drive |
Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727