Medical assisting is a field that allows you to help patients feel better. You’ll assist physicians in many of their daily duties. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, read below how it can be possible for you to work as a medical aide in Wisconsin
To become a medical aide in Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete a training program at an accredited medical helper school. Two agencies that offer accreditation are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), so look for schools/programs that are CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited. CAAHEP states that there are about 20 accredited medical helpmate schools in Wisconsin.
How to Get Certified in Wisconsin
The majority of the medical assisting training programs in Wisconsin take one year to complete, unless they’re associate degree programs. Some of the medical assisting program courses may be offered online or in hybrid format. Medical aide students can expect to take courses in medical helper procedures, administrative procedures, medical law and ethics, pharmacology and medical terminology. They also complete a medical subordinate practicum where they work in an actual work setting to gain real experience. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a certification exam through the American Association of Medical helpers or the American Medical Technologists.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Wisconsin
Salaries for certified and registered medical deputies in Wisconsin average about $36,000, according to an Indeed.com 2014 report. This figure is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earnings include location, experience, level of training and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2012, there were about 10,750 medical helpmates employed in Wisconsin, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College||440 S Executive Dr, |
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road G, |
Janesville, WI 53546
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W. Clairemont Avenue |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Concordia University-Wisconsin||12800 N LAKE SHORE DR, |
MEQUON, WI 53097-2418
|Everest College||1311 N. 6th Street|
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|Fox Valley Technical College||150 N Campbell Rd, |
Oshkosh, WI 54902
|Gateway Technical College||400 County Road H, |
Elkhorn, WI 53121
|Globe University||4955 Bullis Farm Rd, |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kaplan College||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Kaplan University - Ground||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College||13466 W Trepania Rd, |
Hayward, WI 54843
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Ave, |
Cleveland, WI 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright St, |
Madison, WI 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||500 32nd St N, |
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College||235 North National Avenue |
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1940
|Nicolet Area Technical College||5364 College Drive|
Rhinelander, WI 54501
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W Campus Dr, |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Rasmussen College||3500 E Destination Dr, |
Appleton, WI 54915
|Sanford-Brown College||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072
|Western Technical College||400 Seventh Street North|
La Crosse, WI 54601
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||505 Pine Ridge Drive |
Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727