Medical assisting is a field that allows you to help patients feel better. You’ll assist physicians in many of their daily duties. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, read below how it can be possible for you to work as a medical aide in Wisconsin
To become a medical aide in Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete a training program at an accredited medical helper school. Two agencies that offer accreditation are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), so look for schools/programs that are CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited. CAAHEP states that there are about 20 accredited medical helpmate schools in Wisconsin.
How to Get Certified in Wisconsin
The majority of the medical assisting training programs in Wisconsin take one year to complete, unless they’re associate degree programs. Some of the medical assisting program courses may be offered online or in hybrid format. Medical aide students can expect to take courses in medical helper procedures, administrative procedures, medical law and ethics, pharmacology and medical terminology. They also complete a medical subordinate practicum where they work in an actual work setting to gain real experience. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a certification exam through the American Association of Medical helpers or the American Medical Technologists.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Wisconsin
Salaries for certified and registered medical deputies in Wisconsin average about $36,000, according to an Indeed.com 2014 report. This figure is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earnings include location, experience, level of training and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2012, there were about 10,750 medical helpmates employed in Wisconsin, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College||440 S Executive Dr, |
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road G, |
Janesville, WI 53546
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W. Clairemont Avenue |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Concordia University-Wisconsin||12800 N LAKE SHORE DR, |
MEQUON, WI 53097-2418
|Everest College||1311 N. 6th Street|
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|Fox Valley Technical College||150 N Campbell Rd, |
Oshkosh, WI 54902
|Gateway Technical College||400 County Road H, |
Elkhorn, WI 53121
|Globe University||4955 Bullis Farm Rd, |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kaplan College||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Kaplan University - Ground||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College||13466 W Trepania Rd, |
Hayward, WI 54843
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Ave, |
Cleveland, WI 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright St, |
Madison, WI 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||500 32nd St N, |
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College||235 North National Avenue |
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1940
|Nicolet Area Technical College||5364 College Drive|
Rhinelander, WI 54501
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W Campus Dr, |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Rasmussen College||3500 E Destination Dr, |
Appleton, WI 54915
|Sanford-Brown College||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072
|Western Technical College||400 Seventh Street North|
La Crosse, WI 54601
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||505 Pine Ridge Drive |
Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727