Top medical assistant schools in Atlanta contributes to about 10,820 medical aide working in the metropolitan area, the city boasts the nation’s fifth highest concentration of employed medical helpers. Employment in the field is expected to continue to boom across the country, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting that the field will grow by 29 percent over the next few years. That 29 percent growth is a far faster pace than most other occupations. Given Atlanta’s renowned medical centers, health institutes and plentiful medical assistant training programs, local medical assistants have plentiful and expanding opportunities.
Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Atlanta
Although Georgia does not require its medical assistants to be certified or registered, official designations can significantly help job applicants find employment. The first step to becoming a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) is to find a school accredited by one of several organizations. Students interested in the CMA designation should look for schools accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, the American Association of Medical Assistants or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Eligibility for an RMA designation can be obtained at schools recognized by the American Registry of Medical Assistants.
Medical Assistant Schools in Atlanta
Curriculum, requirements and costs of medical assisting schools vary widely. Many prepare students for entry-level medical assistant positions in one year or less, providing classes in anatomy, medical terminology, insurance processing, laboratory practices and clinical procedures. Most Atlanta schools offer diplomas or certificates of completion or associate degrees, and some programs require students to complete externships for hands-on experience.
List of Medical Attendant School near Atlanta
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Atlanta
Medical assistants are an integral part of many health care teams, from physician offices to laboratories and hospitals. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the May 2013 mean hourly wage of a medical assistant in Atlanta was $14.40, and the mean annual salary was $29,960. The national median salary is slightly lower at $14.12 and hour and $29.370 annually.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Atlanta
Prospective medical assistants enjoy access to more than two dozen schools within an hour’s drive of downtown Atlanta. Local accredited public schools include the well-regarded Atlanta Technical College, Marietta’s Chattahoochee Technical College, Oakwood’s Lanier Technical College and Griffin’s Southern Crescent Technical College. Local private schools offering medical assistant programs include Bauder College, Sanford-Brown College, Kaplan University and Brandman University.