People interested in ultrasound programs may benefit from reviewing the different medical assisting programs available in the state of Maryland. Some of the ultrasound related careers available in the state include diagnostic medical sonographer, ultrasound technician, radiographer and medical laboratory technician. There are one-year certification courses, two year associate degrees and undergraduate bachelor’s degrees available for people who want to learn ultrasonography in Maryland.
There are more than 20 accredited medical schools in the state of Maryland. On average, students can expect to pay at least $6,000 or more per year to earn a medical assisting certification in this state. One of the most reliable ways to identify qualified ultrasound programs is to limit the search to only those accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The majority of the healthcare programs in the state offer several of the core-prerequisites required for beginning a career as a certified professional who works with ultrasounds.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Baltimore
The largest medical attending training program in the state is Everest Institute-Silver Spring. Approximately 27 percent of the entire 2009 class was accredited from their program. Everest graduated 607 students during that year. More than 2,200 people typically graduate from medical assisting classes in Maryland every year. Some of the skills and training that are typically taught at the associate level include phlebotomy, electronic medical records and editing techniques when processing information. Many people who have achieved success in ultrasound schools started off with earning accreditation in diagnostic medical imaging.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Baltimore
Experts estimate that there will be more than 12,200 medical aides employed in the state of Maryland by 2018. There are approximately 10,200 currently employed in the state. The salary for this position typically ranges from around $22,300 to $42,000 per year. On average, people with medical assisting degrees earn approximately $30,000 per year in the state of Maryland. However, diagnostic medical sonographers typically earn more than $72,000 per year. Most of the ultrasound technicians in the state are employed by hospitals in the area.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Montgomery County Community College
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Community College of Baltimore County
Anne Arundel Community College
Harford Community College
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Allegany College of Maryland
TESST College of Technology
Everest Institute- Silver Spring
Hagerstown Community College
List of Medical Attendant School near Baltimore
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!