People interested in ultrasound programs may benefit from reviewing the different medical assisting programs available in the state of Maryland. Some of the ultrasound related careers available in the state include diagnostic medical sonographer, ultrasound technician, radiographer and medical laboratory technician. There are one-year certification courses, two year associate degrees and undergraduate bachelor’s degrees available for people who want to learn ultrasonography in Maryland.
There are more than 20 accredited medical schools in the state of Maryland. On average, students can expect to pay at least $6,000 or more per year to earn a medical assisting certification in this state. One of the most reliable ways to identify qualified ultrasound programs is to limit the search to only those accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The majority of the healthcare programs in the state offer several of the core-prerequisites required for beginning a career as a certified professional who works with ultrasounds.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Baltimore
The largest medical attending training program in the state is Everest Institute-Silver Spring. Approximately 27 percent of the entire 2009 class was accredited from their program. Everest graduated 607 students during that year. More than 2,200 people typically graduate from medical assisting classes in Maryland every year. Some of the skills and training that are typically taught at the associate level include phlebotomy, electronic medical records and editing techniques when processing information. Many people who have achieved success in ultrasound schools started off with earning accreditation in diagnostic medical imaging.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Baltimore
Experts estimate that there will be more than 12,200 medical aides employed in the state of Maryland by 2018. There are approximately 10,200 currently employed in the state. The salary for this position typically ranges from around $22,300 to $42,000 per year. On average, people with medical assisting degrees earn approximately $30,000 per year in the state of Maryland. However, diagnostic medical sonographers typically earn more than $72,000 per year. Most of the ultrasound technicians in the state are employed by hospitals in the area.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Maryland
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Montgomery County Community College
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Community College of Baltimore County
Anne Arundel Community College
Harford Community College
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Allegany College of Maryland
TESST College of Technology
Everest Institute- Silver Spring
Hagerstown Community College
List of Medical Attendant School near Baltimore
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!