Does the idea of working in a medical facility where you can assist doctors with treating patients appeal to you? If so, you want to become a medical aide. This article gives information on medical attending schools in or near Charlotte, NC, and also provides you with information on what the career entails.
If you’ve finally decided you want to become a medical aide in Charlotte, your first step will be choosing an accredited medical attending school. Schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited provide the student with the knowledge that’s required to work as a medical aide. The National Center of Education Statistics lists five medical attending colleges in Charlotte and three within a 25-mile radius of the downtown area. There are three CAAHEP-accredited schools right in Charlotte, NC. Successfully completing an accredited program will prepare you to take a certification exam.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Charlotte
The medical aide training program combines medical and administrative classes with clinical education. Students will complete clinical, laboratory and administrative classes at the school, but will complete a supervised internship at a medical clinic during the final semester of the program. Upon completion of the medical attending program, the student is prepared to take the certification exam. Certification exams can be taken through the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA) or the National Center for Competency Center (NCCC). However, most graduates seeking their first certification utilize either the AMT or the AAMA certification.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Charlotte
Average annual salaries for certified and registered medical helpers in North Carolina were about $29,090, according to a May 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Additionally, Salary.com reported that the average annual wage for medical helpmates working in Charlotte was $31,480 as of March 2014. Although certification is not required, it can boost the earnings.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Charlotte
Medical Assisting Diploma – 1 year – Brookstone College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 18 months – Central Piedmont College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 10 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 16 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assistant Diploma – 11 months – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, Charlotte, NC
Associate in Science in Medical Assistant – 2 years – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences – Charlotte, NC
List of Medical Assisting School near Charlotte
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!