Does the idea of working in a medical facility where you can assist doctors with treating patients appeal to you? If so, you want to become a medical aide. This article gives information on medical attending schools in or near Charlotte, NC, and also provides you with information on what the career entails.
If you’ve finally decided you want to become a medical aide in Charlotte, your first step will be choosing an accredited medical attending school. Schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited provide the student with the knowledge that’s required to work as a medical aide. The National Center of Education Statistics lists five medical attending colleges in Charlotte and three within a 25-mile radius of the downtown area. There are three CAAHEP-accredited schools right in Charlotte, NC. Successfully completing an accredited program will prepare you to take a certification exam.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Charlotte
The medical aide training program combines medical and administrative classes with clinical education. Students will complete clinical, laboratory and administrative classes at the school, but will complete a supervised internship at a medical clinic during the final semester of the program. Upon completion of the medical attending program, the student is prepared to take the certification exam. Certification exams can be taken through the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA) or the National Center for Competency Center (NCCC). However, most graduates seeking their first certification utilize either the AMT or the AAMA certification.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Charlotte
Average annual salaries for certified and registered medical helpers in North Carolina were about $29,090, according to a May 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Additionally, Salary.com reported that the average annual wage for medical helpmates working in Charlotte was $31,480 as of March 2014. Although certification is not required, it can boost the earnings.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Charlotte
Medical Assisting Diploma – 1 year – Brookstone College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 18 months – Central Piedmont College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 10 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 16 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assistant Diploma – 11 months – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, Charlotte, NC
Associate in Science in Medical Assistant – 2 years – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences – Charlotte, NC
List of Medical Assisting School near Charlotte
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!