Does the idea of working in a medical facility where you can assist doctors with treating patients appeal to you? If so, you want to become a medical aide. This article gives information on medical attending schools in or near Charlotte, NC, and also provides you with information on what the career entails.
If you’ve finally decided you want to become a medical aide in Charlotte, your first step will be choosing an accredited medical attending school. Schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited provide the student with the knowledge that’s required to work as a medical aide. The National Center of Education Statistics lists five medical attending colleges in Charlotte and three within a 25-mile radius of the downtown area. There are three CAAHEP-accredited schools right in Charlotte, NC. Successfully completing an accredited program will prepare you to take a certification exam.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Charlotte
The medical aide training program combines medical and administrative classes with clinical education. Students will complete clinical, laboratory and administrative classes at the school, but will complete a supervised internship at a medical clinic during the final semester of the program. Upon completion of the medical attending program, the student is prepared to take the certification exam. Certification exams can be taken through the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA) or the National Center for Competency Center (NCCC). However, most graduates seeking their first certification utilize either the AMT or the AAMA certification.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Charlotte
Average annual salaries for certified and registered medical helpers in North Carolina were about $29,090, according to a May 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Additionally, Salary.com reported that the average annual wage for medical helpmates working in Charlotte was $31,480 as of March 2014. Although certification is not required, it can boost the earnings.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Charlotte
Medical Assisting Diploma – 1 year – Brookstone College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 18 months – Central Piedmont College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 10 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 16 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assistant Diploma – 11 months – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, Charlotte, NC
Associate in Science in Medical Assistant – 2 years – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences – Charlotte, NC
List of Medical Assisting School near Charlotte
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!