Does the idea of working in a medical facility where you can assist doctors with treating patients appeal to you? If so, you want to become a medical aide. This article gives information on medical attending schools in or near Charlotte, NC, and also provides you with information on what the career entails.
If you’ve finally decided you want to become a medical aide in Charlotte, your first step will be choosing an accredited medical attending school. Schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited provide the student with the knowledge that’s required to work as a medical aide. The National Center of Education Statistics lists five medical attending colleges in Charlotte and three within a 25-mile radius of the downtown area. There are three CAAHEP-accredited schools right in Charlotte, NC. Successfully completing an accredited program will prepare you to take a certification exam.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Charlotte
The medical aide training program combines medical and administrative classes with clinical education. Students will complete clinical, laboratory and administrative classes at the school, but will complete a supervised internship at a medical clinic during the final semester of the program. Upon completion of the medical attending program, the student is prepared to take the certification exam. Certification exams can be taken through the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA) or the National Center for Competency Center (NCCC). However, most graduates seeking their first certification utilize either the AMT or the AAMA certification.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Charlotte
Average annual salaries for certified and registered medical helpers in North Carolina were about $29,090, according to a May 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Additionally, Salary.com reported that the average annual wage for medical helpmates working in Charlotte was $31,480 as of March 2014. Although certification is not required, it can boost the earnings.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Charlotte
Medical Assisting Diploma – 1 year – Brookstone College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 18 months – Central Piedmont College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assisting Diploma – 10 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assisting – 16 months – King’s College – Charlotte, NC
Medical Assistant Diploma – 11 months – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, Charlotte, NC
Associate in Science in Medical Assistant – 2 years – Cabarrus College of Health Sciences – Charlotte, NC
List of Medical Assisting School near Charlotte
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!