If you live in Chicago, you’re probably aware that your city has an unemployment rate that’s above average. Because of this, you have to work even harder than most people to get a job. If you’re interested in the medical field, you might want to look into becoming a medical aide.
Before you become a medical attendant, it’s a good idea to go to school to become more marketable to employers. The best schools to go to are ones that offer accredited programs. The best accrediting agency associated with schools in the Chicago area is the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and having a certificate or degree from an accredited program will make you stand out during the application process.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Chicago
The classes in your training program should cover a variety of topics, including clerical and clinical duties. They should also give you the knowledge needed pass the Certified Medical Attendant exam. If your goal is getting an associate degree, it could take you two years, but certificates and diplomas can be completed in shorter amounts of time.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Chicago
If you stick around Chicago after you finish your program of study, you can expect a salary that’s about on par with both the rest of the nation and the state of Illinois. The average medical aide in Illinois makes $15.06 per hour, and the average medical helper in Chicago makes $15.05 per hour. The mean annual salary is $31,310 for medical attendants in Chicago.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Chicago
Here’s a list of medical attendant programs in Chicago that you may want to consider.
Medical Assisting Program at Kaplan University – Associate Degree
Medical Assistant Program at National Latino Education Institute – Certificate
Medical Assistant Program at Northwestern College – Associate Degree
Medical Assistant Program at Robert Morris University – Diploma
Medical Assisting Program at Westwood College – Diploma
List of Medical Assisting School near Chicago
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Becoming a medical helper is a good career choice – especially in a bad economy. Chicago has over 10,000 medical helpmate working in its metropolitan area, and rapid job growth is expected in the future, so you’ll always have a job waiting for you.