If you live in Chicago, you’re probably aware that your city has an unemployment rate that’s above average. Because of this, you have to work even harder than most people to get a job. If you’re interested in the medical field, you might want to look into becoming a medical aide.
Before you become a medical attendant, it’s a good idea to go to school to become more marketable to employers. The best schools to go to are ones that offer accredited programs. The best accrediting agency associated with schools in the Chicago area is the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and having a certificate or degree from an accredited program will make you stand out during the application process.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Chicago
The classes in your training program should cover a variety of topics, including clerical and clinical duties. They should also give you the knowledge needed pass the Certified Medical Attendant exam. If your goal is getting an associate degree, it could take you two years, but certificates and diplomas can be completed in shorter amounts of time.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Chicago
If you stick around Chicago after you finish your program of study, you can expect a salary that’s about on par with both the rest of the nation and the state of Illinois. The average medical aide in Illinois makes $15.06 per hour, and the average medical helper in Chicago makes $15.05 per hour. The mean annual salary is $31,310 for medical attendants in Chicago.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Chicago
Here’s a list of medical attendant programs in Chicago that you may want to consider.
Medical Assisting Program at Kaplan University – Associate Degree
Medical Assistant Program at National Latino Education Institute – Certificate
Medical Assistant Program at Northwestern College – Associate Degree
Medical Assistant Program at Robert Morris University – Diploma
Medical Assisting Program at Westwood College – Diploma
List of Medical Assisting School near Chicago
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Becoming a medical helper is a good career choice – especially in a bad economy. Chicago has over 10,000 medical helpmate working in its metropolitan area, and rapid job growth is expected in the future, so you’ll always have a job waiting for you.