Becoming a medical aide is a great way to begin a career in the medical field. If you dream of one day becoming a doctor or a surgeon, training as a medical aide is a great way to start. This position also offers an attractive starting salary and an excellent benefits package. Here is the information you need to know to begin your career path.
If you live in Houston, you are in luck. There are several schools with high quality medical attending schools in Houston, Texas. It is one of the best places to get medical aide degrees in the lone star state. The internet is a valuable resource for finding more information about their programs. The school’s websites are a great resource to find the right fit for you.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Houston
It is vitally important to choose the program that is right for you. Many different factors must be considered, including tuition rates, the sizes of the classes, fields of study that are emphasized, and the percentage of graduates who successfully earn jobs. Most schools will list these statistics on their websites. Making the effort to do some extra research will pay off when you make the right choice.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Houston
The median salary for medical helpers in Houston is approximately $31,000 per year. Nearly all medical helpmates earn at least $26,000 per year, with some making as much as $37,000. They also receive a benefits package, which typically includes a retirement plan, health insurance, and vacation pay.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Houston
Here is a list of Houston schools that offer medical aide training. Make sure to research all of them. Every school is unique, with its own strengths and weaknesses.
Texas School of Business
Pima Medical Institute
San Jacinto College
Sanford Brown College
Whether you are currently living in Houston or simply find it an interesting place to go to school, there are plenty of options for you to choose from. All of these programs offer valuable training that will help you succeed.
List of Medical Attendant School near Houston, Texas
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Medical Front Office and Billing - DIP
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Diploma in Dental Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!