Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, Florida
There are three schools in Jacksonville that provide degree programs for medical assisting. In 2010, 938 students graduated from Jacksonville medical assistant programs. Students from medical assistant schools in Jacksonville pay an average of $10,647 each year for tuition and 1,150 for books and supplies. Jones College offers a two year medical assistant course leading to an Associate’s Degree. Virginia College-Jacksonville offers an Associate’s Degree program and two diploma programs. Students can earn a 48 credit hour diploma in 44 weeks or a 60 credit hour diploma in 55 weeks. The Associate’s Degree program is designed to be completed in 88 weeks. Both a certificate and Associate’s Degree program are available at Southern Career College as well.
Nine medical assistant training programs are available in Jacksonville including those offered in schools with degree programs. United Education Institute has the largest medical assistant training program in Jacksonville. In 2010 there were 317 graduates from UEI. They offer an 8 month training program, and graduates are awarded a diploma upon completion. Florida State College at Jacksonville offers a program leading to a Medical Coder/Biller Applied Technology Diploma. Students must complete 26 credit hours to complete the course. Everest University offers a medical assistant program leading to a diploma. The program includes classroom instruction flowed by an externship. Sanford-Brown University’s medical assistant program is designed to be completed in approximately 14 weeks. Graduates receive a diploma. The 30 week training program at Concord Career Institute leads to a certificate. The medical assistant training programs at FastTrain and Kaplan College prepare students for national licensure or certification programs and lead to a certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Jacksonville, Florida
Employment prospects for medical assistants in Jacksonville are good. The number of positions available is expected to increase by 30 percent by 2018. This is higher than the national average. Medical assistant salaries are lower in the area than the average for the state of Florida. Average salaries for medical assistants in Jacksonville are around $27,560 per year.
List of Medical Assistant Schools near Jacksonville, Florida
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Respiratory Therapy
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Jacksonville, Florida
Florida State College at Jacksonville
United Education Institute
Concord Career Institute
Southern Career College