If you live in the Los Angeles area and have been thinking about becoming a medical aide, you should know that doing so is possible. In order to make your dream a reality, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible regarding the types of degrees or certification you will need to have to work in your chosen field. By reviewing the information regarding medical aide schools and programs listed below, you will be able to move forward with your plan to begin a career as a medical helper.
The first thing you need to do once you decide that you want to pursue a career as a medical helpmate is find an educational institution that offers an accredited program. There are several ways you can do this, including by conducting an internet search for basic information regarding the schools you are interested in attending. Additionally, you can visit the Accrediting Bureau of Health Information Schools.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Los Angeles, California
In addition to determining whether the medical aide school you wish to attend is accredited, it will be important for you to learn about the types of classes you’ll be taking. Although coursework will vary based on the institution you attend, some of the subjects you should expect to cover will likely include:
•Clinical pharmacology and assisting
•Patient communication and care
•Cardiopulmonary and laboratory procedures
•Medical insurance, health sciences and bookkeeping
•Endocrinology and reproduction
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Los Angeles, California
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical helpmate in Los Angeles is $42,000 annually. This salary is subject to rise or fall based on factors such as education, experience, and expertise.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Los Angeles, California
There are a variety of medical attending programs you could attend from or within the Los Angeles area. Some of them include:
1. American Career College
2. Angeles College
3. Los Angeles ORT College
4. Everest College
5. Medical Career Institute
List of Medical Assisting School near Los Angeles, California
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally rewarding. By reviewing the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which school to attend in order to pursue your vocational dream. Good luck!