If you live in the Los Angeles area and have been thinking about becoming a medical aide, you should know that doing so is possible. In order to make your dream a reality, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible regarding the types of degrees or certification you will need to have to work in your chosen field. By reviewing the information regarding medical aide schools and programs listed below, you will be able to move forward with your plan to begin a career as a medical helper.
The first thing you need to do once you decide that you want to pursue a career as a medical helpmate is find an educational institution that offers an accredited program. There are several ways you can do this, including by conducting an internet search for basic information regarding the schools you are interested in attending. Additionally, you can visit the Accrediting Bureau of Health Information Schools.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Los Angeles, California
In addition to determining whether the medical aide school you wish to attend is accredited, it will be important for you to learn about the types of classes you’ll be taking. Although coursework will vary based on the institution you attend, some of the subjects you should expect to cover will likely include:
•Clinical pharmacology and assisting
•Patient communication and care
•Cardiopulmonary and laboratory procedures
•Medical insurance, health sciences and bookkeeping
•Endocrinology and reproduction
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Los Angeles, California
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical helpmate in Los Angeles is $42,000 annually. This salary is subject to rise or fall based on factors such as education, experience, and expertise.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Los Angeles, California
There are a variety of medical attending programs you could attend from or within the Los Angeles area. Some of them include:
1. American Career College
2. Angeles College
3. Los Angeles ORT College
4. Everest College
5. Medical Career Institute
List of Medical Assisting School near Los Angeles, California
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally rewarding. By reviewing the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which school to attend in order to pursue your vocational dream. Good luck!