If you live in the Los Angeles area and have been thinking about becoming a medical aide, you should know that doing so is possible. In order to make your dream a reality, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible regarding the types of degrees or certification you will need to have to work in your chosen field. By reviewing the information regarding medical aide schools and programs listed below, you will be able to move forward with your plan to begin a career as a medical helper.
The first thing you need to do once you decide that you want to pursue a career as a medical helpmate is find an educational institution that offers an accredited program. There are several ways you can do this, including by conducting an internet search for basic information regarding the schools you are interested in attending. Additionally, you can visit the Accrediting Bureau of Health Information Schools.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Los Angeles, California
In addition to determining whether the medical aide school you wish to attend is accredited, it will be important for you to learn about the types of classes you’ll be taking. Although coursework will vary based on the institution you attend, some of the subjects you should expect to cover will likely include:
•Clinical pharmacology and assisting
•Patient communication and care
•Cardiopulmonary and laboratory procedures
•Medical insurance, health sciences and bookkeeping
•Endocrinology and reproduction
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Los Angeles, California
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical helpmate in Los Angeles is $42,000 annually. This salary is subject to rise or fall based on factors such as education, experience, and expertise.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Los Angeles, California
There are a variety of medical attending programs you could attend from or within the Los Angeles area. Some of them include:
1. American Career College
2. Angeles College
3. Los Angeles ORT College
4. Everest College
5. Medical Career Institute
List of Medical Assisting School near Los Angeles, California
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally rewarding. By reviewing the information listed above, you can make an informed decision regarding which school to attend in order to pursue your vocational dream. Good luck!