Missouri is located in the center of the country, and is the perfect location to find a certified Medical Attending School to obtain a Medical Attendant License and start a successful career. The healthcare field is rapidly growing in the U.S. and there are excellent job opportunities available in Missouri.
Statistics show that by the year 2020, many areas of the medical field will grow by 35 percent. This means there is an increasing need for Medical Aides and there are excellent career opportunities for those with a Medical Aide education and certificate.
There are many certified schools that carry Medical Assisting programs, depending on your location in the “Show Me State”. Start your inquiries with these five schools, Carrington College, Everest College, Kaplan College, Anthem College and Pima Medical Institute as they cover the entire state. More schools can be found by searching the Medical Assisting programs where you live and work.
How to Get Certified in Missouri
Medical Aides are often the first point of contact with a patient. There are two levels of training for preparation, either the certificate program or the Associates Degree. Both programs require passing the state certification exam to start work, but the AA degree includes more education, so the graduate is available to cover more positions in the healthcare field.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Missouri
After graduating from a certified Medical Attending program, the graduate will find jobs in private or group practice, hospitals, home health agencies, clinics and insurance companies. Salaries vary across the state of Missouri, but the average is two percent less than the national average or approximately $39,000, which is a good salary for a short training.
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Missouri
|Colorado Technical University||520 E 19th Ave, North |
Kansas City, MO 64116
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Heritage University||1200 East 104th Street #300|
Kansas City, Missouri 64131
|Kaplan University - Ground||1807 Park 270 II Dr #105, |
St Louis, MO 63146
|Metro Business College||1732 N Kingshighway St, |
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
|Missouri College||1405 S Hanley Rd, |
Brentwood, MO 63144
|Sanford-Brown College||1345 Smizer Mill Rd, |
Fenton, MO 63026
|St. Louis College of Health Careers||909 S Taylor Ave, |
St Louis, MO 63110
|WellSpring School of Allied Health||9140 Ward Pkwy #100, |
Kansas City, MO 64114