With its stunning mountain ranges, ski resorts and abundant outdoor attractions, Montana is a sought-after place to live and work. Although the state capital is smaller than other large cities like Billings, there are many opportunities to seek a career in medical assistance in Montana.
Deciding which accredited medical attendant program is right for you takes diligence and research. Growth in the health care field has been on the rise in Montana, particularly in the busy urban areas. Many of the colleges listed below are accredited but not all are. That’s where keen research skills come in handy when calling each college or taking a tour. Being accredited means that particular school can provide quality assurance of its programs and will be looked upon favorably by your future employers.
How to Get Certified in Montana
When gathering information on area schools, focus on tuition costs, campus options, day or night classes, accreditation, training opportunities, degrees, class sizes, length of programs and financial aid availability. Gather and send at least three to five applications to hit a wide range of schools within your price range. You want to maximize your chances of getting into a good program that meets your budgetary and other requirements.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Montana
Once you’ve done the requirements for you accredited program and have graduated, you can go on to get your certification from the American Association of Medical Aides. This will give you access to better paying jobs. As of 2010, the mean annual income was $27,570 in Montana for medical helpmates. The national average is about $29,000 a year, or $14 per hour. National growth in this sector is expected to stay steady and have better than average growth of 29 percent by 2020. This is a positive outlook for anyone looking to go into this field in the next decade.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Montana
|Flathead Valley Community College||777 Grandview Drive|
Kalispell, MT 59901
|Montana State University-Billings||1500 University Drive |
Billings, MT 59101