Do you get excited about the idea of helping others feel better, while still working in an office environment? If so, a career as a medical aide may be an ideal choice. Read this informative article about the medical assisting field and the many medical aide schools in New Jersey.
When trying to choose an accredited medical aide school in New Jersey, look for schools that are eitherCAAHEP– or ABHES-accredited. Accredited medical aide schools prepare students to work as medical aide, as well as to take certification exams. Medical aide training programs offer a mixed curriculum of lectures, lab classes, didactic studies and clinical rotations. The programs culminate into either diplomas, certificates of achievement or associate degrees. According to the CAAHEP, there are at least six accredited medical aide schools in New Jersey.
How to Get Certified in New Jersey
New Jersey does not require its medical helpmates obtain licensure or certification; however, you may want to obtain certification on your own. Certification is looked on favorably by potential employers; in fact, many require certification. Medical helper programs may require certification as a graduation requirement. The credentials you can earn are the CMA from the American Association of Medical Assistants, the RMA from the American Medical Technologists, the NCMA from the National Center for Competency Testing and either the CCMA or the CMAA from the National Healthcareer Association.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in New Jersey
Salaries for New Jersey medical deputies have been above the national average as of February, 2014, according to Salary.com. Camden average annual wages were $32,877, while medical aides in Atlantic City earned an average of $34,505, with the top 90% earning almost $40,000. Medical helpmates in East Brunswick, a city that offered more competitive wages, are earning an average wage of $$36,931, with the top 90% earning $42,697. Certifications, work experience and type of employer can all factor into the wages.
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Certificate in Medical Insurance, Billing, and Coding
- And more...
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in New Jersey
|Bergen Community College||400 County Road 62, |
Paramus, NJ 07652
|Berkeley College||Clifton, NJ||http://www.berkeleycollege.edu/Official_Site|
|Dover Business College||600 Getty Ave, |
Clifton, NJ 07011
|Eastern International College||Located at 684 Newark Avenue |
Jersey City, NJ 07306
|Eastwick College||10 South Franklin Turnpike,|
Ramsey, NJ 07446
|Fortis College||201 Willowbrook Blvd, |
Wayne, NJ 07470
|Fortis Institute||2572 Brunswick Pike, |
Lawrence Township, NJ 08648
|Fox Institute of Business||346 Lexington Ave, |
Clifton, NJ 07011
|Harris School||1201 New Road, Suite 226|
Linwood, NJ 08221
|Mercer County Vocational||1085 Old Trenton Road, |
Trenton, NJ 08690
|National Career Institute||134 Evergreen Place, 2nd Floor|
East Orange, NJ 07018
|Prism Career Institute||3 Executive Campus |
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
|Raritan Valley Community College||Branchburg, NJ||http://www.raritanval.edu/|
|Sanford-Brown Institute||75 US Route 1 | 2nd Floor |
Iselin, NJ 08830
|Somerset County Technology Center||14 Vogt Dr, Bridgewater, NJ 08807||http://www.sctc.net/dnn/|
|Star Career Academy||150 Brick Blvd |
Brick, NJ 08723
|Sussex County Community College||One College Hill Road |
Newton, New Jersey 07860
|Technical Institute of Camden County||343 Berlin-Cross Keys Rd, |
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
|Warren County Community College||475 Route 57 West |
Washington NJ 07882