If you’re interested in an exciting profession where opportunities are expected to grow over the next ten years, medical assisting could be a great choice for you. These professionals work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics to perform duties like taking vital signs, maintaining records, and helping patients. Read on to learn more about medical assisting schools in Philadelphia, PA.
While it is possible to get a job as a medical aide without certification, becoming certified will make you more attracting to prospective employers. And in order to take the Certified Medical Attendant exam in Pennsylvania, you must attend a program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). To find a list of accredited schools in and around Philadelphia, visit the American Association of Medical Assistants online at http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.Uzbb6PldUkM.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Philadelphia, PA
Certified medical attending training programs include courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and record keeping, insurance processes, clinical techniques, patient relations, medical ethics, and other important topics. Accredited training programs also require a practicum, which means you’ll spend time on the job as a medical helper as part of your training. Upon graduation from a certified medical aide program, you’ll be eligible to take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Philadelphia, PA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical helpmates across the nation earn an average salary of $29,370 a year or $14.12 per hour. Salaries in Pennsylvania overall are typically in line with this median wage, while pay for medical helpers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is approximately 2 percent higher than the national average. The highest salaries are earned by certified medical helpers working in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, while the lowest salaries are made in the home care industry.
List of Medical Attendant School near Philadelphia, PA
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Philadelphia, PA
Kaplan Institute-Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
Program Director: Ron Katz BS
3010 Market St
Philadelphia , PA – 19104