If you’re interested in an exciting profession where opportunities are expected to grow over the next ten years, medical assisting could be a great choice for you. These professionals work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics to perform duties like taking vital signs, maintaining records, and helping patients. Read on to learn more about medical assisting schools in Philadelphia, PA.
While it is possible to get a job as a medical aide without certification, becoming certified will make you more attracting to prospective employers. And in order to take the Certified Medical Attendant exam in Pennsylvania, you must attend a program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). To find a list of accredited schools in and around Philadelphia, visit the American Association of Medical Assistants online at http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.Uzbb6PldUkM.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Philadelphia, PA
Certified medical attending training programs include courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and record keeping, insurance processes, clinical techniques, patient relations, medical ethics, and other important topics. Accredited training programs also require a practicum, which means you’ll spend time on the job as a medical helper as part of your training. Upon graduation from a certified medical aide program, you’ll be eligible to take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Philadelphia, PA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical helpmates across the nation earn an average salary of $29,370 a year or $14.12 per hour. Salaries in Pennsylvania overall are typically in line with this median wage, while pay for medical helpers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is approximately 2 percent higher than the national average. The highest salaries are earned by certified medical helpers working in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, while the lowest salaries are made in the home care industry.
List of Medical Attendant School near Philadelphia, PA
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding Administrator
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Respiratory Therapy
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Philadelphia, PA
Kaplan Institute-Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
Program Director: Ron Katz BS
3010 Market St
Philadelphia , PA – 19104