According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the medical assisting profession is expected to grow by a staggering 29 percent over the next ten years. If you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant in Sacramento, California, read on to learn more about schools in the city that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
The best way to find accredited medical assistant schools is dihttp://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1728585&topic=1728570rectly from the CAAHEP website. Visit http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.U2jo__ldUkM and click on “Find a Program,” where you can search by program and state. You must attend an accredited program to be eligible to take the CMA (AAMA) Certification Exam to be qualified to work in the state of California.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Sacramento
Training programs in Sacramento prepare medical assistants for both the administrative and clinical duties required for this role. These typically include maintaining patient medical records, filling out insurance forms, taking patient history, explaining procedures to patients, scheduling appointments, drawing blood for laboratory tests, prepareing medications, and providing other patient care services. Courses will also cover first aid, medical ethics and law, office practices, and other key theory and skills. Medical assistants are required to take a practicum, which means they’ll spend time working in an office as part of the training process.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Sacramento
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical assistants in California make between $32,400 and $39,600 per year, depending on experience and type of medical facility. This is well above the national average annual salary of $30,780 for medical assistants.
List of Medical Attendant School near Sacramento
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Sacramento
Carrington College California-Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8909 Folsom Blvd
Program Director: Heather C. Dunlap AS, RMA (AMT)
Cosumnes River College – Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento , CA – 95823
Program Director: Cori B. Burns CMA (AAMA), BA