If you’ve ever been to the doctor and spent more time with an aide than with your doctor, you were probably with a medical helper. Medical helpers assist doctors with clinical procedures and also perform administrative duties in the medical office. Sound interesting? Read on to learn how you can become a medical attendant (MA).
If you’re interested in working as a medical aide in Alabama, it’s important to find an accredited medical attending school. Accreditation is important because accredited schools provide the training necessary to pass a certification exam and accreditation is usually an eligibility requirement for certification. Although the National Center for Education Statistics lists about 14 schools offering medical attending programs, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) reports there are only 4 accredited medical aide schools in Alabama. Training programs include a blended curriculum of medical and administrative classes; lectures and lab studies; and clinical internships.
How to Get Certified in Alabama
Medical deputies are not required to be certified but it’s preferred by most employers. Medical aides must pass a certification exam to become certified as a Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant. The American Association of Medical Assistants and the American Medical Technologists are two of the most common accrediting agencies for medical representatives. The National Center for Competency Testing and the National Healthcareer Association also offers certification to medical aides and various other medical professionals. Continuing education is required to maintain certification.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Alabama
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical helpmates in Alabama earned a mean annual wage of $24,860 as of May 2012, an amount slightly less than the national average of $30,550. Wages may vary according to locations. Some of the highest earnings for medical helpmates in Alabama were in Birmingham where the MAs earned $26,950, while the lowest MA earnings of $19,260 were in the Florence/Muscle Shoals area. Other factors that may affect wages are level of training, experience and certifications earned.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Alabama
|Fortis College||100 London ParkwaySuite 150|
Birmingham, AL 35211
|South University||5355 Vaughn Rd, |
Montgomery, AL 36116
|Trenholm State||1225 Air Base Blvd |
Montgomery, Alabama 36108
|Wallace Community College||1141 Wallace Drive|
Dothan, AL 36303
|Wallace State Community College||801 Main Street NW|
Hanceville AL, 35077-2000
|Northwest Shoals Community College||Muscle Shoals, Alabama||http://www.nwscc.edu/|