If you live in Alaska and are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be a personally and professionally rewarding decision. This is the case for several reasons, including the fact that there are opportunities for promotions, raises, and the ability to contribute to public health. Once you have made the decision to become a medical helper, it is important that you gain information regarding medical assistant training in Alaska so you can make an informed decision regarding which educational institution to attend. Here is some basic information that can help you:
Your first step in locating the right medical attendant school in Alaska is finding one that is accredited. Although broadly defined, the term accreditation basically means that the learning institution has attained all of the certifications and/or official requirements necessary to be considered valid and excellent. In order to determine whether a medical aide school is accredited, you can do an online search and/or visit the Online Medical Assistant Programs website to obtain this information.
How to Get Certified in Alaska
In addition to locating medical attendant training programs and schools that are accredited, it is important that you learn as much about the classes you’ll be taking as well as what (if any) degrees or certification will be offered. Generally, there are specific courses that you’ll take as you complete a medical aide training program in Alaska. Some of them will likely include:
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• Vital Signs
• Hematology & Phlebotomy
• Basic Life Support
• Pharmacology, Microbiology, Minor Surgery
• ECG, Medical/Surgical Asepsis
• CPR, First Aid, Electronic Health Records
• Medical Office Software Applications
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Alaska
The average salary for a medical aide in Alaska is $31,000. This rate is subject to change based on a plethora of factors. Some of them include education, experience, and location. For example, medical helpers who work in Fairbanks, Alaska earn on average $42,520 annually. This is $13,150 more than the average for the profession.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E Tudor Rd, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|Charter College||2221 E Northern Lights Blvd #120, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Fairbanks||505 S Chandlar Dr, |
Fairbanks, AK 99775
If you live in Alaska and are interested in attending medical assistant school, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally beneficial. By reviewing the information above, you can select the medical assistant school that is perfect for you. Good luck!