If you live in Alaska and are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that doing so can be a personally and professionally rewarding decision. This is the case for several reasons, including the fact that there are opportunities for promotions, raises, and the ability to contribute to public health. Once you have made the decision to become a medical helper, it is important that you gain information regarding medical assistant training in Alaska so you can make an informed decision regarding which educational institution to attend. Here is some basic information that can help you:
Your first step in locating the right medical attendant school in Alaska is finding one that is accredited. Although broadly defined, the term accreditation basically means that the learning institution has attained all of the certifications and/or official requirements necessary to be considered valid and excellent. In order to determine whether a medical aide school is accredited, you can do an online search and/or visit the Online Medical Assistant Programs website to obtain this information.
How to Get Certified in Alaska
In addition to locating medical attendant training programs and schools that are accredited, it is important that you learn as much about the classes you’ll be taking as well as what (if any) degrees or certification will be offered. Generally, there are specific courses that you’ll take as you complete a medical aide training program in Alaska. Some of them will likely include:
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• Vital Signs
• Hematology & Phlebotomy
• Basic Life Support
• Pharmacology, Microbiology, Minor Surgery
• ECG, Medical/Surgical Asepsis
• CPR, First Aid, Electronic Health Records
• Medical Office Software Applications
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Alaska
The average salary for a medical aide in Alaska is $31,000. This rate is subject to change based on a plethora of factors. Some of them include education, experience, and location. For example, medical helpers who work in Fairbanks, Alaska earn on average $42,520 annually. This is $13,150 more than the average for the profession.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Alaska
|Alaska Career College||1415 E Tudor Rd, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|Charter College||2221 E Northern Lights Blvd #120, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Anchorage||3211 Providence Dr, |
Anchorage, AK 99508
|University of Alaska-Fairbanks||505 S Chandlar Dr, |
Fairbanks, AK 99775
If you live in Alaska and are interested in attending medical assistant school, you should know that doing so can be personally and professionally beneficial. By reviewing the information above, you can select the medical assistant school that is perfect for you. Good luck!