Becoming a medical aide is a great way to get started in the health care field without having to go take four or eight years of classes – all you need is a little bit of training and a can-do attitude. Thankfully, there are many certification programs to pick from in Colorado.
Before you start taking classes, you need to find the right program. To do this, you should keep in mind that the best schools are accredited. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as CAAHEP, is a well-known and trusted accreditation agency, as is the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Remember that whether they offer one-year certificates or four-year degrees, all schools should be accredited.
How to Get Certified in Colorado
Your training program should be able to prepare you for your first job as a medical helper by teaching you about things like office work, interacting with patients, medical terminology and all the daily tasks that you’ll be expected to do once you land your first job. Most programs take about a year to complete – if you enroll in a program at a college, you’ll probably have to take around 30 credit hours to get your certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Colorado
While medical aides in the United States make a median of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, residents of Colorado make an average of $15.76 per hour, or $32,790 per year. The top 10% of medical helpmates in the state make over $40,000 annually.
The demand for medical aides is growing, so you’ll always be able to find work. Whether being a medical attendant is your final career goal or is just the beginning of your medical career, you’ll love the experience.
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- And more...
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Colorado
|Anthem College||350 Blackhawk Street|
Aurora, CO 80011
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive, |
Littleton, Colorado 80120-1801
|Community College of Denver||800 Curtis St., |
Denver, CO 80204
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Front Range Community College||3645 W 112th Ave, |
Westminster, CO 80031
|Heritage University||12 Lakeside Ln, |
Denver, CO 80212
|Institute of Business and Medical Careers||3842 S Mason St, Fort |
Collins, CO 80525
|IntelliTec College||772 Horizon Dr, |
Grand Junction, CO 81506
|Kaplan College||500 E 84th Ave Suite W-200|
Denver, CO 80229
|Pima Medical Institute||3770 Citadel Dr N, |
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
|Red Rocks Community College||5420 Miller St, |
Arvada, CO 80002
|Westwood College||7350 North Broadway |
Denver, CO 80221