Becoming a medical aide is a great way to get started in the health care field without having to go take four or eight years of classes – all you need is a little bit of training and a can-do attitude. Thankfully, there are many certification programs to pick from in Colorado.
Before you start taking classes, you need to find the right program. To do this, you should keep in mind that the best schools are accredited. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as CAAHEP, is a well-known and trusted accreditation agency, as is the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Remember that whether they offer one-year certificates or four-year degrees, all schools should be accredited.
How to Get Certified in Colorado
Your training program should be able to prepare you for your first job as a medical helper by teaching you about things like office work, interacting with patients, medical terminology and all the daily tasks that you’ll be expected to do once you land your first job. Most programs take about a year to complete – if you enroll in a program at a college, you’ll probably have to take around 30 credit hours to get your certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Colorado
While medical aides in the United States make a median of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, residents of Colorado make an average of $15.76 per hour, or $32,790 per year. The top 10% of medical helpmates in the state make over $40,000 annually.
The demand for medical aides is growing, so you’ll always be able to find work. Whether being a medical attendant is your final career goal or is just the beginning of your medical career, you’ll love the experience.
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Colorado
|Anthem College||350 Blackhawk Street|
Aurora, CO 80011
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive, |
Littleton, Colorado 80120-1801
|Community College of Denver||800 Curtis St., |
Denver, CO 80204
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Front Range Community College||3645 W 112th Ave, |
Westminster, CO 80031
|Heritage University||12 Lakeside Ln, |
Denver, CO 80212
|Institute of Business and Medical Careers||3842 S Mason St, Fort |
Collins, CO 80525
|IntelliTec College||772 Horizon Dr, |
Grand Junction, CO 81506
|Kaplan College||500 E 84th Ave Suite W-200|
Denver, CO 80229
|Pima Medical Institute||3770 Citadel Dr N, |
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
|Red Rocks Community College||5420 Miller St, |
Arvada, CO 80002
|Westwood College||7350 North Broadway |
Denver, CO 80221