Becoming a medical aide is a great way to get started in the health care field without having to go take four or eight years of classes – all you need is a little bit of training and a can-do attitude. Thankfully, there are many certification programs to pick from in Colorado.
Before you start taking classes, you need to find the right program. To do this, you should keep in mind that the best schools are accredited. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as CAAHEP, is a well-known and trusted accreditation agency, as is the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Remember that whether they offer one-year certificates or four-year degrees, all schools should be accredited.
How to Get Certified in Colorado
Your training program should be able to prepare you for your first job as a medical helper by teaching you about things like office work, interacting with patients, medical terminology and all the daily tasks that you’ll be expected to do once you land your first job. Most programs take about a year to complete – if you enroll in a program at a college, you’ll probably have to take around 30 credit hours to get your certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Colorado
While medical aides in the United States make a median of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, residents of Colorado make an average of $15.76 per hour, or $32,790 per year. The top 10% of medical helpmates in the state make over $40,000 annually.
The demand for medical aides is growing, so you’ll always be able to find work. Whether being a medical attendant is your final career goal or is just the beginning of your medical career, you’ll love the experience.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Colorado
|Anthem College||350 Blackhawk Street|
Aurora, CO 80011
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive, |
Littleton, Colorado 80120-1801
|Community College of Denver||800 Curtis St., |
Denver, CO 80204
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Front Range Community College||3645 W 112th Ave, |
Westminster, CO 80031
|Heritage University||12 Lakeside Ln, |
Denver, CO 80212
|Institute of Business and Medical Careers||3842 S Mason St, Fort |
Collins, CO 80525
|IntelliTec College||772 Horizon Dr, |
Grand Junction, CO 81506
|Kaplan College||500 E 84th Ave Suite W-200|
Denver, CO 80229
|Pima Medical Institute||3770 Citadel Dr N, |
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
|Red Rocks Community College||5420 Miller St, |
Arvada, CO 80002
|Westwood College||7350 North Broadway |
Denver, CO 80221