Becoming a medical aide is a great way to get started in the health care field without having to go take four or eight years of classes – all you need is a little bit of training and a can-do attitude. Thankfully, there are many certification programs to pick from in Colorado.
Before you start taking classes, you need to find the right program. To do this, you should keep in mind that the best schools are accredited. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as CAAHEP, is a well-known and trusted accreditation agency, as is the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, or ABHES. Remember that whether they offer one-year certificates or four-year degrees, all schools should be accredited.
How to Get Certified in Colorado
Your training program should be able to prepare you for your first job as a medical helper by teaching you about things like office work, interacting with patients, medical terminology and all the daily tasks that you’ll be expected to do once you land your first job. Most programs take about a year to complete – if you enroll in a program at a college, you’ll probably have to take around 30 credit hours to get your certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Colorado
While medical aides in the United States make a median of $14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, residents of Colorado make an average of $15.76 per hour, or $32,790 per year. The top 10% of medical helpmates in the state make over $40,000 annually.
The demand for medical aides is growing, so you’ll always be able to find work. Whether being a medical attendant is your final career goal or is just the beginning of your medical career, you’ll love the experience.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Colorado
|Anthem College||350 Blackhawk Street|
Aurora, CO 80011
|Arapahoe Community College||5900 South Santa Fe Drive, |
Littleton, Colorado 80120-1801
|Community College of Denver||800 Curtis St., |
Denver, CO 80204
|Concorde Career College||111 Havana St, |
Aurora, CO 80010
|Front Range Community College||3645 W 112th Ave, |
Westminster, CO 80031
|Heritage University||12 Lakeside Ln, |
Denver, CO 80212
|Institute of Business and Medical Careers||3842 S Mason St, Fort |
Collins, CO 80525
|IntelliTec College||772 Horizon Dr, |
Grand Junction, CO 81506
|Kaplan College||500 E 84th Ave Suite W-200|
Denver, CO 80229
|Pima Medical Institute||3770 Citadel Dr N, |
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
|Red Rocks Community College||5420 Miller St, |
Arvada, CO 80002
|Westwood College||7350 North Broadway |
Denver, CO 80221